Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Totally off topic - sorta - Where is everyone??

I feel like I'm alone

Hello!

I know that Roy's roofing his house.

Harry's probably sleeping - or just getting up, since he's in Great Britain.

Is everyone else reading?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I'm here! I just got home and my 2nd Reader from TigerDirect was waiting on my doorstep so now I am loading it up with content from our great book uploads section...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I feel like I'm alone

Well, you uploaded more than 10 novels today. What do you want us to do?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
It felt like 105 here today and I invented any excuse to keep out of the office (as the AC there is a bit on the fritz) so I organized my socks, yeah that's the ticket, I organized my socks.

Reality is I finished the last of the software installs on the new/replacement music server. The new chipset has much better I/O than the prior one so I can perform data conversions while listening.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's also humid right now and was very hot today

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It felt like 105 here today and I invented any excuse to keep out of the office (as the AC there is a bit on the fritz) so I organized my socks, yeah that's the ticket, I organized my socks.

Reality is I finished the last of the software installs on the new/replacement music server. The new chipset has much better I/O than the prior one so I can perform data conversions while listening.
...so I went to Borders this morning with my Reader, but for some reason I had difficulty staying awake. What an exciting day

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Humid and hot today in Pittsburgh also. But I got two front posts done, so for me, I'm above average activity.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Working on my Thesis. Worse, working on the formal semantic model of the analysis technique that I've cooked up. Have I mentioned that I'm a software engineer, not a CS theorist?

I love theory. I live for theory. I get my jollies by proving obscure theorems... NOT!

I sure hope I finish this part of it soon. I'm getting distressingly close to emulating the 'knife' smiley.

Xenophon

Must work harder. Must work harder. Must... work... harder...
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
At 8:34 PM, it's 83° and 63% humidity (it's a bit drier than normal today), I don't think it got much above 90° here today, so not too bad.

My definition of Hot & Humid may be just a bit different than y'alls'.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just got back upstairs from watching Eureka.

The D.C. area's been H&H for days, and I spent the early part of the day driving around town for my job. Thank the gods I have AC in that car!

Anyway, I've been here lurking, but I did spend some time evangelicizing for e-books at a sci-fi based writer's forum. I think I made some points for e-books there, too!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #10
GodDamN
GodDamN began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Its raining in Sydney..

and cold again (it was 23c last week in the middle of winter??)
GodDamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Roofing? No way! Its 102 here... Argh. I work for fedex and my truck is 20 degrees hotter I think..

I come home and collapse...

Riding my motorsickle is like standing in front of a blast furnace.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
And I thought the 78/80% we got was too hot for me! Where's that winter when you need it.

Hey Dr. Drib! Some of us still have to work so we can continue blogging here.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Harry's probably sleeping - or just getting up, since he's in Great Britain.

Just getting up - at 1:55am? I'm an early riser, but that's taking things rather to extremes .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
It's 59°F here, very humid and probably we got a thunderstorm soon. And it's after 7pm, time to leave work and read a good book
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
It's another hot one 85/84%. Looking for the rain to drop the temp tonight so I can sleep better. On the bright side, couldn't sleep so read books on my reader.
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote