Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #6421
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
All of the codes that I have thus far tried don't seem to work on "Capricornia," by the great Australian writer Xavier Herbert.

Same thing for the wonderful historical novelist, Kenneth Roberts, the author of "Arundel," "Oliver Wiswell" [not yet available as an ebook], and "The Lively Lady."

The Roberts books are extremely expensive, if purchased from Kobo. At Amazon, they're more reasonably priced.
kobo2014 works on Arundel in the UK, but it is only 30%
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #6422
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
If you were to take a vacation to the US, I believe the Kenneth Roberts books would be couponable. (I'm still waiting for Oliver Wiswell as an ebook too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Same thing for the wonderful historical novelist, Kenneth Roberts, the author of "Arundel," "Oliver Wiswell" [not yet available as an ebook], and "The Lively Lady.".
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #6423
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Does anyone know how long those codes last? Two books on my wishlish are published at end of the march, so I'm currently debating whether to wait to use codes on them or not.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #6424
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Usually the one 30% and one 50% for the month are good until the end of it, but that's not *always* the case.
However, there is always more coupons. If you have things you want to get now that are couponable and hold out for other ones... That's an option too.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #6425
dianna
dianna began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I've been so depressed that I missed the amazing coupon! How often do the amazing ones come around? Every couple of months?
dianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #6426
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Welcome to mobileread dianna. It's less frequent than that, but keep checking this thread (which will come up on your user page now that you have contributed to it. If you check the very first page of this thread you should find a list of the current codes available. Most are useable only once, but some can be used multiple times. There are three at 50% currently operational I think.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:48 AM   #6427
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
New 50% off coupon:

mch50
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #6428
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thanks Geralt

Japan seems to get the monthly 50% codes that the rest of us don't see.

mch50 tests in Aus (new checkout)

So that makes 4 x 50% codes working now (all tested still working in Aus):

yournext404
yournext738
fbr50

All should be considered single use unless someone posts to the contrary.

For those wanting bigger codes, don't forget the Contest will no doubt be around the third week of the month and produce who knows what in the code bounty stakes.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #6429
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Either I only have books left on my wishlist which don't accept promo codes (Penguin, Random House) or Holland is once again way behind the rest of the world (at least for fbr50, yournext738 and mch50. yournext404 I've already used, I think).
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #6430
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Holland's still on the old checkout isn't it?

I seem to recall that it took maybe 1 to 2 weeks after the codes became available before they were accepted on the old checkout.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #6431
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Holland's still on the old checkout isn't it?

I seem to recall that it took maybe 1 to 2 weeks after the codes became available before they were accepted on the old checkout.
Enlighten me. So far I've regularly read about the old and new checkout but never bothered to understand the difference, for it somehow didn't concern me as everything worked the way it should (more or less).

Yeah, I know, "do a search"
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #6432
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

I'm posting from my phone at the moment so I can't show you pics of each checkout.

The sites you can try are Aus, NZ, England, US, Canada, India. They are all new checkouts.

Use either Firefox or Chrome - not IE9.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #6433
bartveld
Evangelist

If I understand correctly I can change country at the checkout. When I go to Edit Info at the checkout and change my country to USA I have to fill in a (fake) zip code and state. Too much hassle. I'll just wait for the codes to be validated here. Although it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out Penguin books *never* are eligle for codes.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #6434
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

You'd use India for those books.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #6435
bartveld
Evangelist

I would? *getting that greedy glint in his eyes that had only recently disappeared

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals