Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #6391
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Nature abhors a vacuum and all that; it's funny how the wishlist repopulates itself almost immediately. I heard a review on Fresh Air (a National Public Radio program, for the non-Yanks) the other day, but as it's almost $18, I'd like to do better than 50%. I suspect I have enough to read while I wait.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #6392
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
If anyone is still interested, I got a response from Kobo regarding the supercode FDKY9RD. They said "this promotion is an illegitimate offer". I think they should sort out the programming of their codes.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #6393
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
If anyone is still interested, I got a response from Kobo regarding the supercode FDKY9RD. They said "this promotion is an illegitimate offer". I think they should sort out the programming of their codes.
Then they should not be sending emails to people making them illegitimate offers.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #6394
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Sorry; I've been busy scooping up freebies at Smashwords this week. Got about fifty, all told...
Thank you for the information, I picked up a few myself
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #6395
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
Hmm. So there is some sort of limit to it. That's good to know.

I've only gone up to 3 checkouts on one coupon and haven't tried out more than that at once. (I usually stick with 2 at a time. I've never had an issue.)
I know someone here said they were able to use one 4 or 5 times, but they did not try testing beyond that.

If I win an over 50% code from the contest, I'll test it out myself to see what the limits are. --The problem with the codes shared here is that multiple people might be using them at the same time, which skews the information, so I'll need one I know no one else is using.
I used it on around a hundred and twenty tabs once and eighty another time.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #6396
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Not sure if these will still work but Im not using them:

55% - 7s4p6vVY
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #6397
pentel
Connoisseur
pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Not sure if these will still work but Im not using them:

55% - 7s4p6vVY
Tried it and doesn't work
pentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #6398
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
New 50%off coupons:

yournext738
fbr50
Thanks for the fbr50 one. Someone posted the yournext738 (and yournext404) which I had already used. I had 6 books released March 6 and was able to get 3 of them at half price. Will wait on the other 3 until I get another good coupon.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #6399
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
The exact same thing happened in late Oct/early Nov (75% & 90% unlimited) so its not like they haven't had time to either fix the "problem" or migrate everyone back to the old cart where the offers ("errors") didn't work.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:13 AM   #6400
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Are you suggesting Slex that every code that we receive from Kobo we contact them and ask if it's okay to use the code?

Are you going to contact Kobo each time you get a code and ask them if it's okay to use it?

Are you aware Kobo already has employees who are members of this Forum. Check out the Kobo devices sub-forum.

You're not the first reader of this thread to report codes in use to Kobo. If you'd followed this thread for a while you would have seen this is not a new discussion.

Edit
Does the posting of codes in this thread offend you? Are you concerned that this thread exists?

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-09-2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: add the Edit
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:42 AM   #6401
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
I think they should hire you to report every code put up in this thread.
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:04 AM   #6402
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Are you suggesting Slex that every code that we receive from Kobo we contact them and ask if it's okay to use the code?

Are you going to contact Kobo each time you get a code and ask them if it's okay to use it?

Are you aware Kobo already has employees who are members of this Forum. Check out the Kobo devices sub-forum.

You're not the first reader of this thread to report codes in use to Kobo. If you'd followed this thread for a while you would have seen this is not a new discussion.

Edit
Does the posting of codes in this thread offend you? Are you concerned that this thread exists?
Is every code a 90% multiple use code? Do you have to "travel" to India to use it?

Fact is, this code was suspicious. The best way to know about it was to write to Kobo directly. You shouldn't have any problems with anyone writing to Kobo if you think the codes posted here are legitimate.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:08 AM   #6403
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is every code a 90% multiple use code? Do you have to "travel" to India to use it?

Fact is, this code was suspicious. The best way to know about it was to write to Kobo directly. You shouldn't have any problems with anyone writing to Kobo if you think the codes posted here are legitimate.
Slex Kobo has offered me 90% codes in the past and I don't have to travel anywhere to use them.

Do you disagee with the premise of this thread - that is, the posting and sharing of codes?

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-09-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #6404
slex
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Slex Kobo has offered me 90% codes in the past and I don't have to travel anywhere to use them.

Do you disagee with the premise of this thread - that is, the posting and sharing of codes?
The general premise of this thread is irrelevant - we are talking about a specific code here.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #6405
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

It is an individual's choice as to whether they use or don't use any code posted in this thread. You have contacted Kobo about at least one such code, that is your entitlement.

It's not however, in my humble opinion, your place to comment on anyone else's use of a code and that's the stance you've taken. Perhaps that's a discussion for the General sub-forum and not this thread. The discussion you've started is philosophical in approach.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-09-2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: typos

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals