Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 03:20 AM   #6316
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
@lina what a tremendous bounty you've got for yourself

I've revised my tally to 86 books for under $60 because I need to count the numbers of books in the various compendiums I bought. I'm a conservative shopper by nature, so I suppose that reflects the number I've purchased ... but .... if the code was still available I'd still be buying!!

I've found that it's an enormous rush to contemplate the opportunity of buying what I want, at 90% off. Exhilarating .... whoosh .... who would have thought, eh!

I don't play the pokies (slot machines to our friends overseas), I can't stand them, but I'm wondering if this is the sort of rush of exhilaration they get when they just go for it ....

Did you have a particular genre or two in mind with your purchases?

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 03-05-2014 at 03:35 AM. Reason: changed the number purchased - again!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:52 AM   #6317
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Am I the only now tired of buying ebooks? I don't even look the freebies threads because I know I have many books to read. Also the whole process just seems tiresome.
Anyone else?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #6318
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Good grief!!! I just got a Kobo Aus email advising of 30% unlimited offer.

MARCHOFFER

Yeah right!

Ends 9 March.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:21 AM   #6319
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Am I the only now tired of buying ebooks? I don't even look the freebies threads because I know I have many books to read. Also the whole process just seems tiresome.
Anyone else?

What you can get tired of buying books? But seriously yes and no, I never get tired of free books and this morning I found a free book by an author I have enjoyed in the past (Alison Joseph)- I wouldn't want to miss out of that but I do get a lot more fussy about those I buy/acquire for free. And after seeing some of the books bought by others I started my next wish list for the next code (we could be lucky again!).

I now need to settle and read some of the books on my TBR pile.
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 AM   #6320
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
I got an e-mail this morning ' Come back we miss you'. My first thought was you were obviously not paying attention and then realised it was for a different e-mail address than the one I used at the weekend.

The code is yournext738 (50%) Expires: March 9, 2014

The link was for theses books

http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/save/...ign=prechurnUS

but you could try it with other books to see if it works
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 05:47 AM   #6321
lina23
lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.lina23 invented the internet.

Device: kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
@lina what a tremendous bounty you've got for yourself

I've revised my tally to 86 books for under $60 because I need to count the numbers of books in the various compendiums I bought.

Did you have a particular genre or two in mind with your purchases?
@Lynx
If I counted the books in the omnibuses (sp?) I bought individually, the total would be north of 400.
I bought a lot of murder mystery/serial killer novels - James Patterson, Kathy Reichs, Richard Patterson North, John Grisham. Most of these guys have written a lot of books over the years, so it all adds up. I'm trying to replace my physical books with ebooks - I actually find I prefer reading on a Kobo/Kindle now, and its so much more convenient when I go overseas. Pre ereaders, I used to have to restrict myself to only taking 1 or 2 books for a 2 week trip, now the sky's the limit!
I was actually relieved when I woke up Tue morning (Aust time) and discovered the code had stopped working. Something had to stop me, cause I clearly wasn't going to stop on my own.
lina23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #6322
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
The Kobo app can handle PDF, but I agree with you overall.
None of the PDFs I purchased sync to the kobo app so they can't be read in the app.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #6323
TM78
Zealot
TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TM78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Anyone else?
Nope. I have the same ''problem''.
TM78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #6324
PeterShow
Enthusiast
PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Sony Reader T3
Quote:
Anyone else?
I am collecting ebooks for four years now, and I'm not a bit tired of it. I like my hobby. Yes I know I will never ever read all my ebooks, but just the collecting is satisfying me. I have been collecting paper books all of my life, but there a limit of space. With ebook it's just a limit of time and money (i collect also many freebies and mobilread.com ebooks)

Last edited by PeterShow; 03-05-2014 at 06:44 AM.
PeterShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #6325
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Anyone else?
Not me and I hope I never tire of shopping/paying 10% for good books whether I eventually read them or not
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #6326
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've emailed them and awaiting a reply. I did ask Kobo but got the basic 'we only sell what the publisher provides' rubbish.
That's not rubbish. The Publisher uploads the files. Kobo does not reach into the Publisher's files and say we'll take a PDF from you, an ePub from someone else.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #6327
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Maybe I should have added that I'm tired of ebook shopping after last weekend binge Man, that was intense!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #6328
jaj
Enthusiast
jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo
I once asked my dad (who is an avid bookbuyer): "Isn't it silly to buy all those books. I mean: you know you will never read them." His answer was: "Of course, but I don't buy those books to read them but to have the possibility to read them."
jaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #6329
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj View Post
I once asked my dad (who is an avid bookbuyer): "Isn't it silly to buy all those books. I mean: you know you will never read them." His answer was: "Of course, but I don't buy those books to read them but to have the possibility to read them."
A very wise man indeed
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #6330
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm fortunate enough to live in mythic splendor, where money is no object at all.

The current offering from Kobo only set me back about $40 - about 22 hamburgers.

My current home (third from the top, on the L.) attests to my high living.

Ebooks will always take precedent over the little essentials such as food, shelter, and clothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my castle.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	119884  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals