Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #16471
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
60% off promo code NOV60. Ends November 15th.

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/ecw60
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #16472
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
60% off promo code NOV60. Ends November 15th.

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/ecw60
Doesn't work for me, even though the book I chose is supposed to be eligible for promo codes. I am so sick of Kobo.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #16473
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Doesn't work for me, even though the book I chose is supposed to be eligible for promo codes. I am so sick of Kobo.
It might be for just what's in the lists on that page. I tried adding two of them to my cart and both were discounted.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #16474
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
HAPPY1111

50% off code for Taiwan store. Ends Nov 12 Taipei time (UTC +08:00).

Last edited by antistar; 11-11-2017 at 02:26 AM.
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #16475
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
You need to be aware that most sales are for specific lists of books. Kobo is quite up-front for this; they always include links to the lists. The NOV60 selection isn't really all that impressive unfortunately.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #16476
rjcchan
Zealot
rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.rjcchan can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
You need to be aware that most sales are for specific lists of books. Kobo is quite up-front for this; they always include links to the lists. The NOV60 selection isn't really all that impressive unfortunately.
Not in the old days. Hope springs eternalhttps://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/y_rofl.gif
rjcchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #16477
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
What does HAPPY1111 do in the Taiwan store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
HAPPY1111

for Taiwan store. Ends Nov 12 Taipei time (UTC +08:00).
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #16478
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
What does HAPPY1111 do in the Taiwan store?
Looks like it gives almost 50% off.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #16479
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm in ranty mode, having just come from the Audiobooks thread; I thought I'd carry over here.

I get it. Large, multi-use coupons and contests that occasioned gross entry abuse to get the big discounts were not tenable long-term. I was only surprised the party lasted as long as it did.

But would it kill Kobo to have the occasional large-ish (and I don't mean 90%) discount that actually worked on any non-agency book? Not only do I not bother trying the supposedly unique coupon codes they send me since I know they won't work, I also can't be bothered to check out the garden-variety promotional codes since the list of books never has anything of interest to me.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #16480
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I just had Kobo reject a price match from Saturday for an ebook they are selling for $21.59, and Amazon was selling for $2.99. Ouch. Fortunately, I took a screen print back on Saturday, replied to the rejection with the screen print attached and asked them to reconsider, and they did. Yay! If you're going to price match, especially if you know it's likely for one day only, I recommend always getting a screen print. It will save you time and money if Kobo erroneously rejects it.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #16481
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I just had Kobo reject a price match from Saturday for an ebook they are selling for $21.59, and Amazon was selling for $2.99. Ouch. Fortunately, I took a screen print back on Saturday, replied to the rejection with the screen print attached and asked them to reconsider, and they did. Yay! If you're going to price match, especially if you know it's likely for one day only, I recommend always getting a screen print. It will save you time and money if Kobo erroneously rejects it.
This is why I will never consider using the price match. If I forget to do a screen print I'm screwed? I saw a book on sale at Amazon that was much more expensive at Kobo and I bought it at Amazon. And I even have the VIP now. I only got that because the $5 coupon and free book I chose made it free for me. So if I never take advantage of VIP I don't lose out anyway.

If Kobo can't be trusted for a lot of things other than price match, they can't be trusted for that either as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #16482
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've got a little bit of credit in my Kobo account but once that's gone I won't buy anything else from them, I'll stick with Amazon, it's just so much easier.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #16483
Amaryllis
Connoisseur
Amaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
I've price matched with Kobo quite a number of times, and so far, I've not had much of an issue.
I just submitted a price match for two separate books on the weekend and had my refund before lunchtime today.
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:28 PM   #16484
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This is why I will never consider using the price match. If I forget to do a screen print I'm screwed? I saw a book on sale at Amazon that was much more expensive at Kobo and I bought it at Amazon. And I even have the VIP now. I only got that because the $5 coupon and free book I chose made it free for me. So if I never take advantage of VIP I don't lose out anyway.

If Kobo can't be trusted for a lot of things other than price match, they can't be trusted for that either as far as I'm concerned.
I admit I've been somewhat trepidatious about price-matching at Kobo, for just that reason of having to eat a huge price difference if something went wrong - and I swore off dealing with Kobo CS a long time ago. But it would be much more convenient to have a book added to my Kobo library than to my Amazon library, so I may have to start taking the chance.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:28 AM   #16485
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I've price matched with Kobo about 100 times in the last year or so, and I've only had Kobo deny the price match 3 times for sure, twice within a week back in September, and yesterday. The first two times, I was able to screen print Open Road Media ads showing a price and an end date. I started taking screen prints again recently, but I made sure I took the screen print when it was nearly a $19 difference and over a weekend. Lately, Kobo has been quick to respond to price matches, usually within a business day, but late last year before Christmas, they were really slow, well over a week to respond, and also back in September. Still, I think that if you're price matching at Kobo, it's probably better to be safe rather than sorry, and take a screen print at the competitor's website.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals