Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-28-2017, 08:24 PM   #16411
Kog
Enthusiast
Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, iThing kobo app
Thank you for Taiwan code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Worth a look, but do watch out for higher ebook prices in the Taiwanese ebook store.
The code worked for me. I went on a rather expensive book buying trip in Taiwan. Quite happy with all my new reads. (The funny part is that I actually travel to Taiwan for work, on occasion.)

I did a price compare with kobo US, and removed a few from my cart because they were more expensive even with the 40% off.

Thank you!
Kog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #16412
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
The old library https://www.kobobooks.com/library/library.html (if it takes you to a login page login and try the link again) clearly shows the download options for each book (the trash/archive section also shows the available formats).
Thank you so much for the link! I just got an email from Kobo about losing access to a publication I purchased in pdf format a few years ago, and the download wouldn't work with their new site. I'm just trying to sort out now how to get this book. So far it's given me an acsm download link. It's a start...

Ha, well, on one app it's saying I originally purchased this item with a different Adobe ID, which I know is not true. I've only ever had one.

Well, it's only one book and one I likely wouldn't miss anyway. I only want it because of the principle of the thing. I did pay for it, and I want what I paid for.

Last edited by 49Kat; 08-29-2017 at 06:46 PM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2017, 01:16 AM   #16413
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
Canadians, Superstore has 10% off all Chapters/Indigo and Kobo giftcards until the 14th.
(At least in Western Canada. Don't know about Loblaws.)
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #16414
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
Canadians, Superstore has 10% off all Chapters/Indigo and Kobo giftcards until the 14th.
(At least in Western Canada. Don't know about Loblaws.)
I wish Kobo would sell giftcards in the US too.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:45 AM   #16415
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Audiobooks listed on Kobo USA for purchase and subscription ($9.99)/month, free 30days trial.
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #16416
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdanzie View Post
Audiobooks listed on Kobo USA for purchase and subscription ($9.99)/month, free 30days trial.
Interesting, what kind of DRM will they have?
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #16417
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
Interesting, what kind of DRM will they have?
More info on that and other things...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290219
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #16418
samosa
Groupie
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, AuraHD, AuraH2O, GloHD, Mini, DXG, PW123, Voyage, NookSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
I know they're going to stop providing pdfs soon, but you can't download them from the website now? I only had one and got an error trying to download it. I thought it might just be an issue with that particular book. I realized I already had it backed up though. Haven't checked whether I could download it with Kobo Desktop yet.

ETA: Grab them one way or the other while you still can. Then as ferrywoman said, visit Apprentice Alf.
Thanks for both of your messages. Sorry I didn't managed to get back to you until now.

The Kobo eReaders that I own (practically every model since Mini) has never been able to download the PDF books they sell on their web. So the Apprentice Alf method is not possible. They don't download the PDFs to their PC app either. After kicking up a bit of a fuss they have now given me access to two books (out of 14 I have lost) in KePub.
samosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:23 PM   #16419
samosa
Groupie
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datcha View Post
MY experience with my Kobo ereader (a GLO HD, but I suspect it is true of other models) is that math does not look bad in epub: it does not look at all.
I bought a physics book in epub from Kobo about 18 months ago, and I had to return it because formulae and diagrams were so tiny that I could not read them, even with a magnifier. Kobo was nice about it, and gave me a valuable coupon. But I'd rather be able to read the book on my ereader.
I do not know whether that has improved.
Yes which is why i tried to buy the PDFs...

Our dept have just been told to teach a doctoral course in econometrics, so we are scrambling to remember what is left in our heads in terms of econometrics. I have just bought the hayashi econometrics (again as already bought hard copy) on Amazon, going through the first chapter so far it looks OK.

I have been in three homes at three different parts of the world for the past couple of years so I have to try to carry everything in electronic format. My hardcopy hayashi econometrics is sitting somewhere in my mum's home...

Google books is also atrocious in terms of PDFs... I have bought a book about qualitative research and for a few chapters all four sides of the book have about 2 inches lopped off...
Old 09-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #16420
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Well, of course I got an error message when I tried to download my .pdfs.

I thought we had until November 1...?

I swear, if I didn't like their ereaders so much.......

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 09-08-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: To add date clarification.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #16421
samosa
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post

I got similar messages too. Sometimes when I install the latest version of ADE then it will download, not always though.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #16422
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa View Post
I got similar messages too. Sometimes when I install the latest version of ADE then it will download, not always though.
No luck from either the old or new libraries? Back end might be the same, but you never know.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #16423
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post

What is the error message? Is it from the site when you try to start the download, or later?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #16424
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
GRT50BOOKS still works in the US store. Thank you!
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #16425
Susan A
Groupie
Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Aura H20
I have a new account and I have a book $5.39 (before tax) which should work for the $5 credit offer. I can't remember what code to type in if the credit isn't automatically applied. Does anyone remember the code?
Susan A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals