Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Carpathian
Carpathian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Other Fonts

Hi...I think this question came up in an old thread but didn't see a solution:

Can I change these Kobo fonts* for epubs I load myself directly or via Calibre (e.g. Gutenberg, Feedbooks, etc.), using other software or file changes? The two Kobo default (hard-wired?) fonts seem too light, i.e. not black and contrasty enough for me. Thanks for any info, tips.

*It was reported that the Kobo fonts are Georgia and Trebuchet.
Carpathian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
shall1028
Nameless Being

You will need to embed whatever fonts you decide you like in each epub and alter the CSS to use them over the builtin fonts.

I have no clue how to do this in Calibre. (Maybe the Calibre forum would be a place check?)

To see how the CSS looks for a sample epub with embedded fonts you could check the epub located at this link in the MobileRead epub repository. Yes it is one that I did but: 1) it's short and 2) I know it works.

Hopefully someone else has a simple solution in Calibre for your questions.
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
The fonts are Times and Helvetica (or some close variant; not Georgia and Trebuchet). An ePub *could* over-ride with the right code; few ePubs contain such code or fonts and really goes against the "universality" of the format and eReaders.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote