Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What team will win the Cup?
Portugal 5 6.02%
England 4 4.82%
Italy 2 2.41%
Netherlands 4 4.82%
Spain 11 13.25%
Germany 15 18.07%
Slovenia 2 2.41%
France 2 2.41%
Greece 0 0%
Switzerland 1 1.20%
Serbia 1 1.20%
Slovakia 0 0%
Brazil 6 7.23%
Argentinia 5 6.02%
Chile 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Mexico 2 2.41%
USA 6 7.23%
Honduras 0 0%
South Africa 0 0%
Algeria 0 0%
Ivory Coast 0 0%
Ghana 1 1.20%
Cameroon 0 0%
Australia 3 3.61%
Japan 2 2.41%
North Korea 1 1.20%
South Korea 1 1.20%
New Zealand 2 2.41%
none of the above 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #61
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm still undecided, but with this tricolour hair-do the groomer gave me I might not have a choice.

Aww, doggie!! Good to see you, and may I say you look great! Too bad Canada isn't paticipating. But I guess the team whose colors you're wearing will be doing their very best.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #62
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Man, a generally respected and objective journalist on the radio has been whining for what seems like HOURS about how the vuvuzelas detracted from his enjoyment of the games, and how it's not fair, he had been expecting this moment for 4 years and now he can't concentrate on the games because....blah blah blah! Make him stop!

Or I could just turn off the radio...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #63
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Go, USA, go!

Uh-oh it's Marvin the the paranoid Android...and how depressed he is looking at the football. I guess that's not the best omen for the US-Team.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #64
hamlok
Currently Reading
hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hamlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Tolino, Kindle, Pocketbook, Sony
Quote:
It was a boring game.
Oh, you are so right.

By the way, I really be grateful for the avatar. Good job, ravenne!
hamlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #65
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Uh-oh it's Marvin the the paranoid Android...and how depressed he is looking at the football. I guess that's not the best omen for the US-Team.
Well, they are playing England tomorrow, that's tough. But, dear Americans, don't let that bring you down. Remember 2:0 against Spain!
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #66
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Wrong outfit, Laz, we have a dress code in this thread
And if there's one nation in this world who endorse dress codes it's North Korea.

Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #67
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Man, a generally respected and objective journalist on the radio has been whining for what seems like HOURS about how the vuvuzelas detracted from his enjoyment of the games, and how it's not fair, he had been expecting this moment for 4 years and now he can't concentrate on the games because....blah blah blah! Make him stop!

Or I could just turn off the radio...
Surely they can control input volume from the crowd, then it wouldn't be worse than a hum?

I did find it annoying too. It reminded me too much of our old hockey crowds. Thankfully the kids today don't like that racket either...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #68
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I voted none of the above, cos I don't actually know who's playing, apart from England and, presumably, South Africa...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:59 AM   #69
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I voted none of the above, cos I don't actually know who's playing, apart from England and, presumably, South Africa...
None of the above??!! But Shorty! Your team needs you, they are playing against the US today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shorty_fifa.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	53245  
Old 06-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #70
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It looks like Germany is trying to do and succeed what they failed to do 65 years ago...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:51 AM   #71
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It looks like Germany is trying to do and succeed what they failed to do 65 years ago...
There was no World Cup in 1945.

EDIT: Wait, whoah... you didn't just make.... no way....really?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #72
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
There was no World Cup in 1945.

EDIT: Wait, whoah... you didn't just make.... no way....really?
No, there wasn't. And trust me, if my generation could undo that dark part of our past, we would.

There was a World Cup in 1954 though.

And Sweetpea, you really should get dressed, the Oranjes are such a great team!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sweetpea Kopie.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	53246  
Old 06-12-2010, 05:37 AM   #73
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
As much as I wanted to, I couldn't vote for England, on the basis that sooner or later, they will face a penalty shootout...
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #74
BlueMonkey
Evangelist
BlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it is

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Nexus S
I just hope that no team with a cattenacio playing style wins the cup I voted for Spain as they really play wonderful soccer these years and well-deserved won the UEFA Euro...
BlueMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #75
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Greece, Korea.
It will be interesting to see how they've evolved...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa world cup. soccer, vote usa!!!