Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
mymailhello
mymailhello began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Question EPUB can read in all smart phones or iphone only?

Hi Everyone!! Nice to meet you all here.

I am a very newbie in this forum and as well as in the smart phone zone.

I would like to know about :

can Epub properly fit for all types of smart phones or that extension can only work for iphones?

Thanks so much in advance.I'm really want to know this in urgent..thanks for all
mymailhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The .epub format is a container format. It is not solely for Iphone, thank god.

There are various readers for various platforms. Ereaders (duh), Windows, mac, Linux and all kind of smartphones.

For windows based smartphones there is a application called Zulu I believe and on Android there are also a few programs. I personally have Alkido installed on my Android phone. I don't use it though. I rather use my reader.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
My smartphone (LG VU - touchscreen) or maybe you can only call it semi-smart lol, it uses some Java OS or whatever LG uses. So unless the eReader software is specially designed for this Java OS it won't run it. And so far (at least the last time I looked) no one had designed and eReader for it.

But I found a way around it that gives me the same form and function.

I use http://bookworm.oreilly.com which allows me to upload my ePubs from my own library (I use Calibre) and read them on my phone using my browser. I use Opera Mini 5 Beta 2. Basically you have access to whatever you upload through any device that will connect to the website.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71366

If you need any help let me know.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
mymailhello
mymailhello began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Thanks for all replies

Thanks so much for all replies..now I can know epub is the zip format for ebooks and also most of the smart phones can use.Thanks a lot for replying
mymailhello is offline   Reply With Quote