Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
mrdeadlocked
mrdeadlocked began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch Reader
Hello Everyone New Reader User Here.

I just got myself a PRS-600BC. So far so good. I love the thing! I started using Calibre, its great. I have a few questions. I have some long series. (RA SALVATORE and Sword of Truth) I was curious what other users have used to organize the series in order, so that its easier to follow in order. Does anyone have any suggestions on what/how I can improve my PRS_600bc reading. Thanks everyone.
mrdeadlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeadlocked View Post
I just got myself a PRS-600BC. So far so good. I love the thing! I started using Calibre, its great. I have a few questions. I have some long series. (RA SALVATORE and Sword of Truth) I was curious what other users have used to organize the series in order, so that its easier to follow in order. Does anyone have any suggestions on what/how I can improve my PRS_600bc reading. Thanks everyone.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you are enjoying your new 600 as much as I am mine. I also use Calibre to both catalogue and load my books. Here is how I do my series in Calibre:

Select the book
Select edit meta information button
Go to tags box and give series name
Then use series box to enter series name
Then use book button to enter series number.

Once the books are tagged when you transfer them to your 600 they should be listed by that series name in the correct order. Hope this info helps you.

Also, one further nugget of wisdom when cataloging books in Calibre, it is best to decide on a set way of listing your authors names in the search box and be consistent with it. Either use last name first or first name first. That way when you sort them by author they be in a set order and easier locate books as well. Same advice works well when tagging books by subject.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
mrdeadlocked

Awesome thanks alot. I didnt even see that you could do that. I really do like calibre and this reader. This site has so much information, it's pretty hard to digest. LoL
Old 12-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
mrdeadlocked

One other thing, with calibre is there a way to remove/add segments to the 'title' 'author' etc bar. (No idea what to call them) I just don't need to know the MB and/or publisher on that screen, and could use less information.