Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: October 2009 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Flash Forward by Robert J. Sawyer 30 41.67%
The Tide Mill by Richard Herley 7 9.72%
The Moon and the Sun by Vonda McIntyre 11 15.28%
Verdant Skies by Steven Jordan 15 20.83%
Soul Identity by Denis Batchelder 9 12.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #91
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Anyone want to do Verdant Skies as a second titles to discuss this month? Can we do that?
Um... sure. One other month we had several member read The Count of Monte Cristo.

Of course, you can start a thread about ANY book in the reading recommendations area that you want to.

Also, remember, December will be the Wild Card month... so all the non-winning ebooks for the year will be up for a vote again.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #92
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Also, remember, December will be the Wild Card month... so all the non-winning ebooks for the year will be up for a vote again.

BOb

Ah ha! That'll give me a chance to catch up a bit with you guys.

(not really )
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #93
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Anyone want to do Verdant Skies as a second titles to discuss this month? Can we do that?

I'm half way through FlashForward and I'm thinking about reading Verdant Skies next.
Yeah count me in.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #94
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'll read Verdant Skies
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #95
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'll read Verdant Skies
BTW: I'm currently reading it. So, I'll be happy to discuss it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #96
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I already read Verdant Skies so I'll join in on the discussion.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #97
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ooops incorrect post.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #98
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I got the ePub for my Sony reader for $8.40! So I am joining the club.

Any other Sony members interested should read this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=flash+forward

Offer started on 8 Oct and expires within a week.

It may not be the best price, but it sure beats paying the price @ the Sony store.

Goldilocks
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #99
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
I got the ePub for my Sony reader for $8.40! So I am joining the club.

Any other Sony members interested should read this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=flash+forward

Offer started on 8 Oct and expires within a week.

It may not be the best price, but it sure beats paying the price @ the Sony store.

Goldilocks
I just did the same. I read the excerpt at Sony and had to have it!!

That's great writing that can suck you in like that.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #100
kennyc

Finished Flashforward last night. Will probably start Verdant Skies next..
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #101
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Finished Flashforward last week, read last month's BotM by Agatha Christie over the past few days. Have started and am 25% through with Neruomancer.

I plumb forgot about Verdant Skies. Maybe I'll pick that one up next. For those of you who are reading it or who have read it, how do you like it compared to Flashforward?
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #102
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
I plumb forgot about Verdant Skies. Maybe I'll pick that one up next. For those of you who are reading it or who have read it, how do you like it compared to Flashforward?
Personally I liked it more.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #103
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
Finished Flashforward last week, read last month's BotM by Agatha Christie over the past few days. Have started and am 25% through with Neruomancer.

I've decided to read The Road next but Verdant Skies is probably up next.

I also decided to merge with the dark side and ordered a Kindle2.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #104
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I also decided to merge with the dark side and ordered a Kindle2.
I figured you go for the K1 refurb, you're going all out.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #105
kennyc

Quote:
I figured you go for the K1 refurb, you're going all out.
Yeah, I figure I'd make sure I got the full deal, warranty, etc.

The main deciding factor was the number of books I keep finding at slightly better prices, or only available at Amazon. I guess that's the bottom line eh.