Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
ribcookie
ribcookie began at the beginning.

Device: palm clie sl10, sony prs505, itouch, sony prs700, prs505, prsT1
don't buy e-caddy titanium hard shell case

www.ecaddycase.com

we recently bought two ecaddy tianium hard shell case for the prs 505, basically 50 usd and 15 usd shipping cost, but at the end we were charged 35 cnd for brokerage charges on top of the shipping.

so it cost us 50 for the two cases and over 50 shipping/brokerage charges. total price in cnd is 116 bucks.

so beware

the case is also very flimsy and reminds me of a chocolate case but less sturdy.

i was expecting to pay 50 dollars usd for the two cases, 15 usd for shipping, and 6 percent for customs. if this wasn't the case i think the website should state u will be charged 35 dollars for usp, etc, fee's on delivery.

Last edited by ribcookie; 02-04-2009 at 12:56 PM.
ribcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Did you specifically request a cash on delivery option? I believe that the additional charges for it are imposed by the post office, not the seller.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #3
ribcookie
ribcookie began at the beginning.

Device: palm clie sl10, sony prs505, itouch, sony prs700, prs505, prsT1
no i didn't choose the cod option :)

if i would of know the total price would be 50 dollars for a tin case i would of backed away. but just wanted people to be aware of this.
ribcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry, I'm a little confused by this (apologies if I'm being stupid), but doesn't paying "cash on delivery" imply that you didn't pay for it at the time that you ordered it? Or was it only the Canadian taxes that you were paying the COD for?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
pozo
pozo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC (UK)
Website looks kind of shady too, designed in the mid 90's or something Thanks for the heads up anyhow. I read elsewhere that a 'steel book' DVD tin works for the 505 too, so I'll try that when mine comes in, I'll probably add some soft rubber to the inside.
pozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Don't bother to pay so much for something that costs less than 10%.
Have a look https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...64&postcount=3
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
From looking at the website, the tins look just like old candy tins and the zipper case looks like a day planner bought at Staples with the insides removed. And if I am correct, the prices being charged are outrageous for such items.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
One thing that irks me is that this appears to be steel or aluminium and like many companies today they use Titanium as a trademarked name. Correct me if I'm wrong? But as Ti is a much more valuable metal, with great strength to weight ratio, attempting to mislead the customer into believing it is made of Ti is disturbing. Though my fave is everyone selling products plated in TiN and call it Ti...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:53 AM   #9
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Canadians should never use UPS for shipping from the States. They charge an insane amount for handling charges. USPS is just as good bur for some strange reason, many American companies are terrified of using anything other than UPS.
There was talk a few years back about getting rid of all these stupid border restrictions but I have not heard anything about it for a while. It would be great.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote