Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #46
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I have confirmation from Martin Gorner that he will try to be there.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow ! thanks Nate.

i only just wrote to bookeen because i think it might be best coming from hadrien, but i've just sent off a little mail and i will ask him to also write (since he knows them).

also, i was contacted today by a journalist from the magazine ActuaLitté.com, "dedicated to the world of books." he wanted to know if he could come. i told him i thought ebooks could use all the press they could get, so why not. i'll make sure he mentions MR, obviously.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #48
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
You guys have a hotel in Paris you can recommend? Last time I went to Paris, I stayed at the Hotel Duo (rue du Temple) which was pretty nice. But should I be able to come, I'd like to try something different.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
You guys have a hotel in Paris you can recommend? Last time I went to Paris, I stayed at the Hotel Duo (rue du Temple) which was pretty nice. But should I be able to come, I'd like to try something different.
HOTEL ???? oh, that would be brilliant, if you could come !!! but arg ! i don't know any hotels ! i never need to stay in one, since i usually stay in my own appartment... i wish i could invite you to stay here but it's quite small. it's not a good solution. i'll ask if some of my friends know any good hotels though.

some cousins of mine rented a small hotel appartment in the marais when they came for 10 days recently, it was really nice, i will ask them the name of the company which manages the flats.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #50
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Are you normally able to just drop what you're doing and go off to different countries? I mean, I consider myself pretty spontaneous, but damn...

And this meet-up thing intrigues me. I don't really know what it would consist of, but if anyone wants to do one in Tokyo, I'm all for it! I'll help plan it.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2008, 02:13 AM   #51
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Is there any way those of us who can't make it, can buy a drink for those who can?

The way I figure it, if we can donate to the bar tab, you'd get more drinks - and we'd get funnier pics .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:49 AM   #52
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
Are you normally able to just drop what you're doing and go off to different countries? I mean, I consider myself pretty spontaneous, but damn...

And this meet-up thing intrigues me. I don't really know what it would consist of, but if anyone wants to do one in Tokyo, I'm all for it! I'll help plan it.
i think everybody should organise MR meetups wherever they are. i've already suggested they have one in texas, since afterall apparently the majority of MR members already live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Is there any way those of us who can't make it, can buy a drink for those who can?

The way I figure it, if we can donate to the bar tab, you'd get more drinks - and we'd get funnier pics .
be careful what you wish for... getting drunk shouldn't be too much of a problem though ; la fontaine is a little neighborhood bar, the glass of beer is around 2€ or something like that.

maybe y'all could sponsor alex's hotel !
Old 07-11-2008, 06:04 AM   #53
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
I've stayed at the Hotel Jean d'Arc in the Marais and been very happy with it.

Sadly I can't cross La Manche for the MR-RM; have fun! If someone does in in the UK (or at the Book Festival in Edinburgh?) I'll try and make that.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #54
zelda_pinwheel

Bookeen !

just got a reply from Bookeen : they say, there will surely be someone from the team who will be able to come. yay !!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:06 AM   #55
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hey, I seriously object to an MR meeting being held in Paris!

Why, it should be held in the eBook capital of the world which is, um, well, shoot, I guess it's in Cyberspace somewhere. Don't suppose the food is as good there as Paris.

Damn I'm envious! Those who go, please post minute-by-minute updates of how it's going.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #56
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Thsi one looks like a nice place:
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...tel-room-rates
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #57
zelda_pinwheel

i love Bookeen !!!

Bookeen are my new heroes !!! and you want to know why ? because i just got a mail from them offering to LOAN ME A CYBOOK until next friday !!!!!

man, if i had known they were like that, i wouldn't have bothered organising a whole apéro.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
that one looks nice, but it's a pricy neighborhood... maybe a bit posher than alex is looking for.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #59
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that one looks nice, but it's a pricy neighborhood... maybe a bit posher than alex is looking for.
Hey, it's only $1100 a night. In Euros that should be around $0.50 by now.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Hey, it's only $1100 a night. In Euros that should be around $0.50 by now.
i think it's closer to 0.97 €. that's almost twice as much.

Tags
apéro, duck!, meetup, mobileread, paris