Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 04-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
FORM INPUT: Cute idea, but nevertheless useful

A while back I compiled a series of .html stories into one ebook i.e. merged them.

If I chose to read them sequentially, then I could easily keep track of those that I had read and those waiting their turn. But, I knew I wouldn't be so disciplined.

Sooo...

I used the <form> construct and designed a checklist of sorts and placed it at the beginning of the ebook compilation.

Surprisingly, the input choices are remembered after you power down and will only be erased if you choose to Erase Markups! If viewed via the PC viewer, you will note it saves a 'FormsReport.txt' file, which is used to facility this "memory".

I have adapted that idea for the Complete Works of Charles Dickens, here at mobileread.com and produced the attached ebooks (the one ending with '_1200.imp' is for the REB 1200; the other one for the EBW 1150).

I have also included the source in the attached .zip to allow you to embed this into future ebook compilations.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: imp Dickens Reading Checklist.imp (9.2 KB, 765 views)
File Type: imp Dickens Reading Checklist_1200.imp (8.9 KB, 766 views)
File Type: zip Dickens Reading Checklist.zip (2.3 KB, 770 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i like this idea ! it could be really useful for anthologies or such.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i like this idea ! it could be really useful for anthologies or such.
The sample .html is not very functional. It could be easily augumented by linking (via <a href>) the text after the checkbox to the .html, just like a table of contents does.

Code:
<form><BR>
<input type="checkbox" name="1"><A HREF="story1.html">Story1</A><small> by Author1 (<i>genre</i>)</small><BR>
<input type="checkbox" name="2"><A HREF="story2.html">Story2</A><small> by Author2 (<i>genre</i>)</small><BR>
<input type="checkbox" name="3"><A HREF="story3.html">Story3</A><small> by Author3 (<i>genre</i>)</small><BR>
</form>
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote