Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Kobo Customer Care Issues and Questions

The following was my last two responses from Kobo Custumer care. I was unable to download this book that was in my Kobo Library. I kept getting an “oops message” which I mentioned in another thread. The question I have for MR readers is: Is it acceptable to wait this long for a resolution to getting a book in my library? I had purchased the book a week ago with a bunch of others with the great coupon codes that were available. This was the only free one and one of two in PDF format. So my second question is: Does being a free book exclude it from being resolved in a timely matter? My third question is: Do you think they will resolve this?

“On Apr 30, 2012, at 2:21 PM, "Kobo Customer Care" <help@kobobooks.com> wrote:
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 10 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
PDF downloading error

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Maina S) 04/30/2012 02:21 PM

You're right - this eBook appears to have some formatting issues. We apologize for this inconvenience.

We are aware of this inconvenience and although we cannot provide with an expected resolution date for this matter, our internal resources are consistently working on fixing this matter for you.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

Response Via Email (Loray) 04/29/2012 05:00 PM

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We have escalated this issue to our Tier 2 support team and you will receive an update via email as soon as possible.
The Tier 2 team will try to provide a resolution as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that our Tier 2 team may require additional information in order to resolve the issue.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

So is this worth pursuing?
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
1, Is this the full correspondence, I see nothing here about missing books, is it one of the pdfs thats not going into your library

2. Do Kobo fix errors in books? If not, how long to wait depends on how long the publisher takes to fix it

3. you could pursue it, but like 2, is it Kobo that fixes book errors

it really is hard to comment much though, as not much information is given about what the initial problem was other than some type of formatting issue
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
1, Is this the full correspondence, I see nothing here about missing books, is it one of the pdfs thats not going into your library

2. Do Kobo fix errors in books? If not, how long to wait depends on how long the publisher takes to fix it

3. you could pursue it, but like 2, is it Kobo that fixes book errors

it really is hard to comment much though, as not much information is given about what the initial problem was other than some type of formatting issue
I do not know if there are errors with the formatting. The issue is the inability to download it at all to ADE or even to any Kobo app. The emails were verbatim except that I removed my name. Yes this was a PDF. I merely posted this problem so that if someone else was having this problem then I might pursue it. If not being abe to download one ebook in my library is an anomaly then I might just let it go since it was free to begin with. Although it bites.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I would stick with it for a while if it was me, they dont seem to have answered your issue at all

I can try the problem book here to see if I have the same problem if you want (if its available in the uk)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Keep after them. In the end you'll likely have one of two things happen. They'll get the problem fixed or issue a credit for the book.

My longest running issue with them went from 9/19/2010 to 5/27/2011 and included emails not only to Kobo support, but one of their VP's. It did eventually get handled mostly to my satisfaction.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I would stick with it for a while if it was me, they dont seem to have answered your issue at all

I can try the problem book here to see if I have the same problem if you want (if its available in the uk)
Wow how kind....can I take you up on it if they don't make good?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Keep after them. In the end you'll likely have one of two things happen. They'll get the problem fixed or issue a credit for the book.

My longest running issue with them went from 9/19/2010 to 5/27/2011 and included emails not only to Kobo support, but one of their VP's. It did eventually get handled mostly to my satisfaction.
I do not want this to be on my ToDo list everyday for the next 8 months. But I love your tenacity and am feeling encouraged to stick with this issue. Thank you. I never know if I am being over the top with my desire and passion to hold on to what I think is mine.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I do not want this to be on my ToDo list everyday for the next 8 months. But I love your tenacity and am feeling encouraged to stick with this issue. Thank you. I never know if I am being over the top with my desire and passion to hold on to what I think is mine.
LOL, I didn't bug them everyday. If it hadn't been some books bought for next to nothing with a coupon code I'm sure I would have been on their case more. It did make it so that I only ever buy anything their anymore if I get it at a really good discount.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
LOL, I didn't bug them everyday. If it hadn't been some books bought for next to nothing with a coupon code I'm sure I would have been on their case more. It did make it so that I only ever buy anything their anymore if I get it at a really good discount.
I feel the same way. The wonderful coupon codes made us go to their site and learn how to purchase from them and introduce us to their "inventory". How remiss of them to not take care of this very trivial problem right away. I too will hesitate to purchase from them again, great coupon codes being the exception.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Venus
Country girl

The saga continues. the following is todays email from Kobo:

Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Maina S)05/01/2012 02:15 PM

Just to let you know that this issue is happening to some books with PDF format, so it should not be a problem with other type of formatting books.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
The saga continues. the following is todays email from Kobo:

Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Maina S)05/01/2012 02:15 PM

Just to let you know that this issue is happening to some books with PDF format, so it should not be a problem with other type of formatting books.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

Not sure what you're supposed to do with a response like that. It'd be nice if they'd mention if the intend to fix it or not.

Don't know if it's still the case, but sometimes posting your problem to their get satisfaction site in combination with what you're already doing can get a faster response...
https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo
Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Not sure what you're supposed to do with a response like that. It'd be nice if they'd mention if the intend to fix it or not.

Don't know if it's still the case, but sometimes posting your problem to their get satisfaction site in combination with what you're already doing can get a faster response...
https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo
They have an epub version of the book and during my original phone call I suggested the possibility of sending that to me as a resolution, since they offered none. It looks like they have no solution.
for the site suggestion. I didn't know about it.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Venus
Country girl

I contacted Kobo again today to ask again if there will be a resolution to this problem of not being able to download a book from my Kobo Library.
This is todays response:

Subject
PDF downloading error

Discussion Thread
Customer By Phone (Entered by Selina S) 05/08/2012 10:31 AM
cust called again because her issue still hasn't been resolved!!!
Response Via Email (Selina S) 05/08/2012 10:31 AM

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We have escalated this issue to our Tier 2 support team and you will receive an update via email shortly. Also, your Priority has been bumped up to "Urgent".

The Tier 2 team will try to provide a resolution as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that our Tier 2 team may require additional information in order to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

So now I have been bumped up to "urgent". Next I will be bumped up to "critical" and then to "dead".