Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
patrikpatrik
patrikpatrik began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
M92 Spontaniously Bricked

My 92 worked perfectly on day, and was put in standby. The day after it refuses to start, neither the on/off button nor the reset button on the back of the M92 turn the unit on. If I connect it to a computer the orange LED lights up, but after a few hours it turns off. The computer does not recognize that the M92 is connected. I have not made any alteration with the operation system prior the bricking, it is still running the 1.5 version.

Is there anything I can do to make the M92 start?
patrikpatrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
I see some replies from ppl saying the M92 is bricked or is stuck at some stage during
bootup. Can the owners or someone recommend a preferred way to
1) put it in standby,
2) upgrade the firmware.
3) Load books in M92.

These 3 will be most used actions in M92. Anyone who follows these
steps should not face any issues. These questions have been going around
quite frequently, so can anyone provide some kind of support ?
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
patrikpatrik

As there is absolutely no response from the M92 it is impossible to upgrade the firmware, the M92 is on continious standby!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
patrikpatrik

I manage to get one response from the M92, if I press the on/off swithch for more than 10 seconds while chargeing the orange led stops lightning, but as soon as I release the on/off button the led starts lighting agail. The screen never chage - it is stuck in the "Reading The World" standby picture and there is no connection to the computer by USB
Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Try pressing and holding both power and reset for a few seconds. Another option is to let the battery runflat or remove it.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
patrikpatrik

Holding both power and reset for a few seconds did not woek.

Does running the battery empty take for ever when the M92 is in standby?

Does I not void the warrenty if I open the M92 and disconnect the battery?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikpatrik View Post
Holding both power and reset for a few seconds did not woek.

Does running the battery empty take for ever when the M92 is in standby?

Does I not void the warrenty if I open the M92 and disconnect the battery?
Where and when did you buy the reader?
This is a case for replacement/warranty, because the device does not work as it should.
My 2 cents.
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
patrikpatrik,

I would advice you to do all your manipulations (on/off button for more than 10 sec, reset (on the back of device), reset + power switch at th same time) again WHILE YOUR M92 IS CONNECTED TO THE WALL CHARGER. I had M92 frozen twice and I noticed that these manipulations ONLY work (at leasy for me) if you I am doing them while my M92 is connected to the wall charger.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #9
patrikpatrik

Haveing it connected to wall charger when playing arround with the power and reset button did not have any effect.

It was bought in the US and thereafter imported to Europe
Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
Where and when did you buy the reader?
This is a case for replacement/warranty, because the device does not work as it should.
My 2 cents.
You are absolutely right!

: patrikpatrik
Unfortunatelly I am pretty sure you won't be able to recover your device yourself. I had to deal with one device, which had problem exactly like yours. All the tricks just did not work and we have replaced the device.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Item to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
You are absolutely right!

: patrikpatrik
Unfortunatelly I am pretty sure you won't be able to recover your device yourself. I had to deal with one device, which had problem exactly like yours. All the tricks just did not work and we have replaced the device.
Hey Booxtor, thanks for helping Patrik out with the issues. I also tried to help. I will be exchanging his device, and sending the original back to Onyx for investigation.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote