Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Blaine L
Blaine L began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
news downloads

Hello

New to calibre and have a sony t1 ereader.

After reading the calibre topic about getting news feeds, I have successfully scheduled 3 feeds. Also, have created a library for these news feeds and copy the feeds over from the main library.

Question: Can I have the scheduled news feeds go directly to this 'news library' I created instead of the main library (so won't have to copy over).

Blaine
Blaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Probably if you have the library running/in use where you want the news feed to go when you are running calibre then that is where they will go. AFAIK this is not a background procedure that runs with calibre closed.

It may be library specific in that you have to create the task with that library open and it may not.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine L View Post
Hello

New to calibre and have a sony t1 ereader.

After reading the calibre topic about getting news feeds, I have successfully scheduled 3 feeds. Also, have created a library for these news feeds and copy the feeds over from the main library.

Question: Can I have the scheduled news feeds go directly to this 'news library' I created instead of the main library (so won't have to copy over).

Blaine
News feeds go to the Current Library. News does not know about other libraries.
And Calibre must be running (in tray is OK) for the feed to be grabbed, processed and mailed.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote