Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
iconoclast
iconoclast began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Cannot sync over the network

I am unable to connect to my PC over either wired or wireless networking.

To clarify, I mean pressing the iDS button in the top right and selecting computer. The idea (as I understand it) is that it should be able to look at my outbox folder and suck down whatever I've put in there.

Firstly, what does work:
  • Connecting to my PC via the travel do-hickey works-- files that are in the outbox get sucked down into the Iliad.
  • Connecting to iDS works wirelessly (and presumably wired)-- I managed to download the recent update without problems.

So the network connection works fine, it's something to do with it connecting to the shared folder that the Companion software sets up.

This shared folder does exist however, and it is writable. It is also accessible from another computer.

When I attempt to connect to the computer, it basically just selects the network profiles and then sits there 'connecting'. Judging from the intermittent LED flashes from either the network hub or the travel doc (if wired) it doesn't really seem to do anything after the first little flurry of activity.

So, do any of you guys use this feature? Does it work flawlessly for you? Did you face similar issues?

I have put the computer connection info into the Iliad a hundred times, and a hundred more for all the different iterations of correct I could think of, and my success has been naught.

My only current thoughts of significance are:
  • When I first installed the companion software I had simple file sharing enabled. Iliad may not like that.
  • It's currently under My Documents. I always thought sharing folders there was Not Recommended.

.icon
iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote