Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
how can I connect PE by command "adb"

hi there,

I doesn't install android sdk on my computer, but I have adb command which have proved capacity to connect my android phone.

I try to use command " adb connect ip:5555" to pe, but it failed. even failed when I connect with usb.

Any suggestion about adb connection with PE?

All the best!
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Sarasuru
Sarasuru began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
adb blocked

I asked the same question on Android Police http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/08...ions/#comments and it seems that Entourage blocked rooting through adb.
I wonder if you could do it with an older version of the OS. If so, could you upgrade to Ermine after the device is rooted? If anyone has figured a way around the adb block please share.
Sarasuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=117
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
Originally Posted by pocketedgejr
EDIT: OK so after typing all that up I ran USBDeview as admin and used it to uninstall the usb device. When i did that windows went through the "found device" cycle on its own. A notification popped up that it had installed device drivers and to click here to see what. When I did that a list of what was going on popped up and one of the items on the list was "edge".

windows was currently looking on windows update for a driver for "edge" I clicked on stop looking and it asked if I wanted to manually find a driver. selecting yes and pointing it to the google usb driver directory worked, and adb devices now lists something for my edge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still doesn't understand, where is the google usb driver directory? When I uninstall the usb device, refresh it, yes, the edge device comes out but there's no option for me to update driver? only option allow me to check the info of device.

Any further tips?

Last edited by tigerszheng; 06-05-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: missing sth
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
1.USB Debugging - on PE Settings->Applications->Development->Enable
2.On your PC - Device Manager->Disk drives->uninstall Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device - both
3.Connect PE to PC using USB
3a. Win 7 should find proper driver and a new device like
HTC Dream Composite ADB Interface
should appear under ADB Interface group.
3b. On Win XP you should download Android SDK. Under extras.google there is usb-driver.
When XP reports it found new device manually select google's driver.
On XP I had to do it twice. I don't remember device name exactly, but it like
Android ADB Interface
under Android Phone

adb itself is under platform-tools.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert