Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That option will be present in the next release of calibre
When will the new Calibre release ?
lineager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #197
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineager View Post
When will the new Calibre release ?
Kovid is still hammering out some things in the beta of the next versions. However, it is pretty stable and works well. You can get the link to it from the first message in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28467 .

As to when it will be released, I will leave that up to Kovid to answer. But, from what I have seen on the beta thread it is pretty close... I would guess maybe a week or so... unless he has more features he is working on that aren't in the beta yet. I think he intends to release this as 0.5 once it goes out.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #198
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Once the betas have been stable for a couple of days (i.e. no more bug reports), I'll release it as 0.4.84. Once any remaining bugs in 0.4.84 are ironed out, I'll release 0.5
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #199
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Now that the 505 does ePub, would converting comics to ePub instead of lrf make full resolution in landscape mode possible?
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #200
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
full resolution in landscape has been done for LRF, it will be in the next release of Calibre.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #201
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Just Making sure I am doing this right....

I am having trouble converting a PowerPoint file to CBZ and wanted to check out my process is correct

1 - Convert all slides into jpegs in a folder (with frames around them)
2 - Select slides and add to a .rar file
3 - Change the name to NAME.cbz
4 - Drag into Calibre
5 - Select document
6 - Click Convert ebooks -> convert individually
7 - Click accept
8 - Wait

I do all of the above and get the following error:

('UnknownFormatError', u'Could not find ebook in archive'):
Failed to perform job: Convert book: CTD_slides.cbz
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 760, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 729, in work
File "C:\Archivos de programa\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\an y\convert_from.py", line 167, in main
File "C:\Archivos de programa\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\an y\convert_from.py", line 113, in process_file
UnknownFormatError: Could not find ebook in archive
Log:
Archive: c:\docume~1\andi\config~1\temp\calibre_0.4.83_6ql5 m1.rar
In Calibre (v.4.83)

I am running XP.

So what am I doing wrong?

This is my first play with Calibre :-( but otherwise it looks great!

Thanks, AndiR
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #202
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

You created a RAR archive and named it CBZ, which is a ZIP archive. Either create a ZIP and give it the .CBZ extension or create the RAR and give it the .CBR extension.

If that doesn't fix it post us a screenshot of the archive contents as they are listed.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #203
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Thank you very much

Thanks FangornUK.

That worked perfectly.

Interestingly I also placed the 57 slides as JPEGS in to the read, to see how it would react and it as fine, but the file version is about 5 times quicker!

A great new tool for my work as trainer / facilitator.

Thanks again, AndiR
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #204
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
full resolution in landscape has been done for LRF, it will be in the next release of Calibre.
Neat. Thanks.
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #205
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
What would be nice is to be able to convert multiple comics into one book with chapters the way manga graphic novels are. Being able to tag them as series so they automatically go into collections would be nice too.

Might be a reason for me to learn python...

Last edited by Kirtai; 09-10-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #206
TOPO began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
First of all, Thank you Fangorn for your superb work on the ComicLRF... but... here is my request...

I don't like using Calibre (why? huh... I don't like the interface or maybe I'm a command line lover) so it'd be great to have the "full resolution in landscape" command line version as soon as possible.

It opens a brave new world of opportunities for not-manga-comics in my PRS-505.

Thank you very much.

PS: ah! the "manga option" for splitting images will be great too
TOPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:56 AM   #207
FangornUK
Addict

The Calibre version has a command line option, just use "comic2lrf". All the options in the GUI are available in the command line version. I never use the GUI either

You need v0.4.84 for the "full resolution in landscape" option. Also the "--despeckle" option is worth using all the time to clean up those grainy comics, if you've got a decent Processor.

I've no idea when Kovid will release v0.4.84 but you could use the beta version which looks pretty stable now: http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downloads/betas

Last edited by FangornUK; 09-16-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #208
TOPO began at the beginning.

I've just tryed it and it works GREAT! I've attached my first experiment... it's one of the short tales of the "LEVIATHAN" from D'Israeli published in 2000AD (a great story and a very good and personal drawing style), D'Israeli tends to use a very small font for his works so it's a good thing to try the new landscape feature... just pick it up and try

Maybe there is still someone out there that doesn't know but... if you keep pressed the zoom button in the PRS505 you switch orientation on the fly... pretty usefull.

This feature is perfect to convert BIG comics and even RPGs (usually scanned as images and put toghether in a big PDF), I'm trying to convert from PDF to CBR and then to LRF with very good results.

All I can say is THANK YOU!
Attached Files
File Type: lrf leviathan - last case of mclean.lrf (1,012.2 KB, 392 views)
TOPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #209
dare99
dare99 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Top program. Cheers. I'm settling down to an evening of Zenith.
dare99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #210
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPO View Post
I've just tryed it and it works GREAT! I've attached my first experiment... it's one of the short tales of the "LEVIATHAN" from D'Israeli published in 2000AD (a great story and a very good and personal drawing style), D'Israeli tends to use a very small font for his works so it's a good thing to try the new landscape feature... just pick it up and try

Maybe there is still someone out there that doesn't know but... if you keep pressed the zoom button in the PRS505 you switch orientation on the fly... pretty usefull.

This feature is perfect to convert BIG comics and even RPGs (usually scanned as images and put toghether in a big PDF), I'm trying to convert from PDF to CBR and then to LRF with very good results.

All I can say is THANK YOU!
TOPO,
I'm trying to convert a punisher cbr and get a black bar running from top to bottom to the right of the comic panel. What settings did you use for leviathon (which renders beautifully)?

Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote