Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #1
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Option not to edit TOC

Hi, I've just liberated one of my drm-ed epub ebooks and editing it using sigil to embed font into it. While embedding font works fine under sigil, but sigil seems insisting to edit the toc. And now the ebook doesn't have toc in it (before edited, I can see it has toc under calibre viewer)

AFAIK Sigil using h1,h2,... tag to identified toc, but the source code in my ebook doesn't have that information, instead it just uses p tag as you can see in the screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	609
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	59239

So my question is, does Sigil have option not to edit toc if users choose it? If it is, does anybody know how?
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
This is issue 283. It's forthcoming.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur

Ok, can't wait for the next release
Old 10-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimeesermann View Post
Ok, can't wait for the next release
It's not going to be in the next release, but it's coming "soon". The FlightCrew work was a foundation for this, and as soon as I integrate that and implement a few other features that have been in the queue for far too long, I'll start work on this.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur

Aw, dang. Well guess I have to edit those chapter indicators with h tag by myself.

Anyway, appreciate for all your hard work.
Advert
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimeesermann View Post
Hi, I've just liberated one of my drm-ed epub ebooks and editing it using sigil to embed font into it. While embedding font works fine under sigil, but sigil seems insisting to edit the toc. And now the ebook doesn't have toc in it (before edited, I can see it has toc under calibre viewer)

AFAIK Sigil using h1,h2,... tag to identified toc, but the source code in my ebook doesn't have that information, instead it just uses p tag as you can see in the screenshot:

Attachment 59239

So my question is, does Sigil have option not to edit toc if users choose it? If it is, does anybody know how?
I had a problem with that on one book so I just opened the .epub (zip) using 7zip and extracted the toc.ncx. I put it back after I finished.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote