Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #1051
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
Last 4 posts were merged from another threat

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:55 AM   #1052
BananaTricky
BananaTricky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Could you try changing the configuration to only do the page count and try again?

One thing: can you check the plugin configuration. If the first result is giving you the word count as the page count, and the second is correctly giving you the page count, if you have the same column in the configuration for both the page and word counts, that would explain it.
Hi, the books in question open fine. They are also a combination of books sent to my Kindle by NetGalley, bought from Amazon and converted epubs.

TBH I'm not sure how to change the configuration to only do the page count because that's all I ever wanted/needed.

However, good news. Without doing anything new I have managed to download the page counts for all of the affected books over the weekend.

I would be grateful for instructions on how to change the configuration but it seems as though the glitch has fixed itself
BananaTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #1053
N8reader
N8reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Anyone else had a problem trying to update the plugin to the latest version? I update, it says installed and restart now, I do that, but it's still 16.9 and update is available.
N8reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #1054
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8reader View Post
Anyone else had a problem trying to update the plugin to the latest version? I update, it says installed and restart now, I do that, but it's still 16.9 and update is available.
No ! W10 X64, calibre 2.80
says I have 1.7.0 for CP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #1055
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have 1.7.3.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #1056
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have 1.7.3.
Who's a clever boy then, that's one of the beta versions - polly wanna cracker.

Current version in post #1 and at http://plugins.calibre-ebook.com/ is 1.7.0!

@N8reader - try removing the Count Pages plugin you have and reinstall from Preferences->Plugins->Get new plugins

You will not lose the plugin's configuration settings.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #1057
N8reader
N8reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you BetterRed for the great suggestion - worked perfectly.

Didn't want to try that fix before as I thought I would lose the config settings, but you eased my mind there.
N8reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #1058
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So when is the beta going to be released?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #1059
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, been busy with a few things. So, maybe this weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #1060
sekhemty
sekhemty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have a suggestion, if it is something that can be done.

Along with the word and page counts, I'd like to have another stat, namely the time required to read the book; I've used this website, and figured out that I read about 250-300 words per minute, or 15000-18000 per hour; would be possible to add another field, where the user can insert his reading speed, and the plugin will estimate also this stat?

Alternatively, Kobo.com, in every ebook page has the words and pages counts, along with an estimation of the time required to read the said book. I don't know if it is easy or not to alternatively fetch this data from here (but the former option would be better, being customizable)
sekhemty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #1061
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhemty View Post
I have a suggestion, if it is something that can be done.

Along with the word and page counts, I'd like to have another stat, namely the time required to read the book; I've used this website, and figured out that I read about 250-300 words per minute, or 15000-18000 per hour; would be possible to add another field, where the user can insert his reading speed, and the plugin will estimate also this stat?

Alternatively, Kobo.com, in every ebook page has the words and pages counts, along with an estimation of the time required to read the said book. I don't know if it is easy or not to alternatively fetch this data from here (but the former option would be better, being customizable)
Make a custom column from other columns (#words) and divide by your WPM speed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #1062
sekhemty

This is what I've done right now; since this value is dependant on the number of words, provided by this plugin, I was thinking that it could have been a nice feature to add, if the dev is so inclined.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:18 PM   #1063
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekhemty View Post
This is what I've done right now; since this value is dependant on the number of words, provided by this plugin, I was thinking that it could have been a nice feature to add, if the dev is so inclined.
If the calculation is that simple, word count multiplied by a reading rate, then I don't think there is any real advantage in calculating it in the plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:53 AM   #1064
red_dragon
Daywalker
red_dragon is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Actually it can be a little bit tricky to get it right. I found a good German description how to set up your own custom column that shows the reading time:

https://www.e-reader-forum.de/e-book...lten/?pageNo=2

Even if you don't speak German you should be able to follow the code and the screenshots.

The real fun started when I wanted to convert the floating point number into a string with hour and minute (e.g. 6.7 -> 6:42h). The template functions are very limited so I came up with some ugly code to do the job.
red_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #1065
sekhemty

Wunderbar, thank you!

Ich verstehe eine bisschen Deutsch, but it was all clear nonetheless. I especially appreciate to have a min - max estimation.

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin