Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your first thought when reading this news article?
This must be a MobileRead member / which MR member? 4 33.33%
This is proof that people are abandoning ereading. 0 0%
This is proof people prefer ereaders. 2 16.67%
Why didn't they include the cost of the stolen ebooks? 2 16.67%
What were the models / specifications? 0 0%
Can I buy one of those? 0 0%
Were those mini bottles of alcohol or duty free? 3 25.00%
I refuse to answer polls! 1 8.33%
Other / you missed one 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Sunday Poll

Please read the attached news story and respond with your first thought.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/26/us/new...s-ipad-liquor/

Quote:
Police say an airline cleaner in New York made off with seven iPads, 19 Kindles, two laptops -- and fully 1,429 bottles of liquor, which is rather too much for anyone to drink all in one go.

In all, Juanette Cullum, 48, of Brooklyn, stole more than $15,000 worth of goods from planes she cleaned at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York, according to a statement from the Port Authority.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
saw it earlier this morning. What immediately occurred to me was a guy that used to post here shared that he cleaned planes for a living. He said that the cleaners were not allowed to open things that were left behind. I was traveling for work all of the time and immediately bought a silver sharpie and marked all of my electronic gear on the outside.
So relief I guess is what I felt
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wondered if these were things left behind or if it was a refuelling stop and people disembark while they clean the plane and restock the food service. I couldn't imagine leaving behind my ereader, ipad or computer but I guess couples could assume their spouse has it.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
How did she manage to get away with it for 3 yrs? Where was the much talked about airport security we all hear about in this case?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
Barcey
Wizard

Well the plane that had to return to the airport because of baggage handler sleeping in the hold speaks to the airport security. He woke up and called 911 but the passengers heard him yelling and banging on the floor.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:51 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
How could that many people forget their eReader?? Mine is welded to my hot little hands!! It never gets stowed in the seat pocket either; it always gets set down in my purse or my pocket. It's too valuable to me, for its *book* worth, not its price.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote