Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Is there an easy way to replicate an existing library structure?

I work with a lot of multiple libraries as offshoots of the main library or as temporary housekeeping libraries. Some I create and only use for a few days. Is there an easy way to replicate the structure of the main library when I create the new libraries so that they always contain the exact custom columns of the main library? I have 5-6 custom columns so recreating them each time from scratch with a new library is not fun. I notice that if the custom columns are not in the new library, any data in those columns are lost when transferring a book from the main to the new library.

Would copying a certain db file from the main library over to the new library achieve this?
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I work with a lot of multiple libraries as offshoots of the main library or as temporary housekeeping libraries. Some I create and only use for a few days. Is there an easy way to replicate the structure of the main library when I create the new libraries so that they always contain the exact custom columns of the main library? I have 5-6 custom columns so recreating them each time from scratch with a new library is not fun. I notice that if the custom columns are not in the new library, any data in those columns are lost when transferring a book from the main to the new library.

Would copying a certain db file from the main library over to the new library achieve this?
That is an option after you choose Create/New (arrow next to Library Icon)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

D'oh! Nevermind. Just poked around and saw the option to do this under "Switch/Create Library"

Never saw this before and had been manually re-creating custom columns in new libraries!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
PatNY
Zennist

ducks, I just saw it, thanks! For the longest time I was just recreating the custom columns manually in each library!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
ducks, I just saw it, thanks! For the longest time I was just recreating the custom columns manually in each library!
I recently discovered this creating a New Library to document my wife's paper TN collection (and to store e-books for the K4 (hers), again TN's )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote