Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 04:38 AM   #31
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Interesting comparison to see what people find comfortable reading with.

For the book I'm currently reading, this is how it appears in the NC:

___Seagulls wheeled above them, the first they'd seen in a long while. The
horizon ahead, on their course bearing south by southwest, revealed an
uneven smudge that grew steadily even as the day prepared for its swift
demise.
___Not a single cloud marred the sky and the wind was brisk and steady.

This is with Moon+ at font size 16. 51 lines per screen.
(How do I force indents?)

Last edited by murraypaul; 09-08-2011 at 04:42 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:11 AM   #32
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I was showing how a paragraph looks on a 5" screen, to demonstrate that text on that
size screen (such as the Samsung Note at 5.3") reflows well enough to be readable.
The OP voiced such a concern.

I would expect a 7" tablet to have a little wider display and a whole lot more lines in
portrait mode, than a 5" display.

I can pocket a device with a 5" display, don't think that would be practical with the 7".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost101 View Post
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/g...y-note-review/

One of the first reviews for the Samsung Galaxy Note.
Thanks that person should really learn to write and proofread though!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #34
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
I copied some text and made some images of the devices at actual size, to see roughly what it would look like, I also had the same thought about portability the "note" is defiantly pocket able.

If I'm still undecided in January when I intend to buy, I think I'll order both and use the Distance selling 7 days to play with them and see which works best for me. As long as nothing more exciting comes along before then
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote