Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
dskaggs
dskaggs began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Separate content server?

Is there a way just to install the content server without all the graphical parts of the application? I have Calibre on my Mac Mini that stays on 24/7 and we use that for managing our library. We connect to the content server using Stanza from our iPhones and iPad using the http://www.example.com:8080/stanza URL. I'm currently using a dynamic dns service to provide an external URL to the Mac Mini for access from outside the house.

I have a Linux VPS that I would like to use to run just the content server (so that I'm not dependent on my ISP at home). Ideally, I'd like to use my local instance of Stanza to manage the library and then export the library out in some fashion to live on the VPS and reconfigure our devices to look there rather than my Mac Mini inside my home network.

We travel quite a bit and having the content server hosted somewhere more reliable than behind my home ISP connection would be very beneficial to the 4 of us in our family that read a lot of eBooks.

Thanks
Dan
dskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre-server

command line tool for running the content server
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
dskaggs
dskaggs began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Great...thanks for the info. I'm working on getting all the dependencies installed on my VPS now in order to download and try it there.
dskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, linux