Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
WHOA!!! CLOSE CALL!

my son was in a serious motorcycle accident last night!. he was heading up a hill, and this gal coming out of a parking lot. she saw him, hesitated and pulled forward anyway. he t-boned her right into the passenger window. his face/helmet broke the window, it broke his face mask and cracked the chin guard (he wears a full face). then he hit the car with his torso and legs and finally fell to the ground in a sitting position. she couldn't see him as he was actually behind the car at the time. many bystanders came as he sat on the ground. he said he did the initial "ok neck? does it roll?" and worked on that and did the touching fingers to the ends of his thumbs, and then toe wiggling. he said all these folks were getting quite frantic as he was not answering any questions, then finally calmly said; "ok internal inventory reported in satisfactorily. yes I hurt like hell, but I am ok." by that time the driver came to check on him completely ashen faced, she was convinced he was dead. the cops and medicos got there at the same time. they insisted on sitting him in the back of the ambulance and running the vitals which checked out ok. he refused transport and went home last night. he texted me a little while ago and is headed to the Doc. he said no tickets were issued. I told him that that would almost certainly change, it was not uncommon for info to be written down and then followed up.

he thinks his Harley is toast. the forks are twisted, and the air vent was completely pullled from the frame. this kid has been blown up twice, and shot twice, boy he takes a lickin;! (and I am soooo relieved!)
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
OMG! Please be sure that he follows through with the doc, OK? Just to be sure everything is fine. Best Wishes!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Crikey! He's a lucky boy surviving that (and everything else it seems). Best wishes, hope he gets well soon
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

when he says he is going to do something that I haven't nagged him about, he does it
Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow - hope he feels less ache and pains really quickly
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Sure he's not related to Ricky?

He needs to be aware of post-concussive damage that may not show right away. If he starts having a lot of nausea, he should go to the EMTC immediately.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard

yeah as a total combat hardened SEAL he is very up on what to look for.

no, he's not related to Ricky, he's me through and through. I've got the body of an ex;
soldier
lineman
rodeo cowgirl
ski instructor
technical rock climber
arcahaeologist
search and rescuer trainer and volunteer
horse trainer
and mother of a future SEAL. I have scars with scars on them
Old 07-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Thank goodness he is okay!

My son was in an accident 3 years ago, he was 18 at the time. He was in the backseat of a small car that flipped over when the driver hit a driveway embankment. No one was drinking and the driver wasn't speeding, she just took a turn a little too quickly and hit some gravel. Because there were too many kids in the backseat (3 sitting and one laying across their laps), he didn't have on a seatbelt. He had four compressed vertebrae, multiple cracked ribs and a collapsed lung. He spent 4 days in intensive care, 2 weeks in the hospital and 8 weeks in a CT neck brace. Shannon was in the front passenger seat with a seatbelt and only had some bruising. I still wake up with nightmares about it all. He also uses it to his advantage when he wants to get himself out of trouble.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote