Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2015, 02:25 PM   #76
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Klingon v0.6

Updated the Klingon guide to properly display Klingon glyphs on IOS.

While it was not necessary to use my embedded Klingon font on Kindle devices (their fallback code2000 font already having these glyphs), that is not the case on the iPad.

Sideload the .azk from the .zip archive of the corresponding OP spoiler.

Last edited by PoP; 05-21-2015 at 02:28 PM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #77
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v0.9

Today, I felt that esperanto translations were urgently needed So I added them!

In the process, I also found four more place$ for the ferrengi preferred word.

Grab the new version from the OP.
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #78
Kindle_reader
Kindle_reader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am still having the "Dictionary Not Found" error. I have reset my Kindle touch and the problem still persists.
Kindle_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #79
PoP

Which model? Wich firmware?

Did you sideload it to the /documents folder? Can you see it when selecting the dictionaries collection?

Have you tested with the test book (in the 2nd spoiler from the OP)?
Old 01-13-2018, 10:30 PM   #80
Kindle_reader

- Kindle Touch (4th Generation)
- Firmware: Kindle 5.3.7.3

I extracted the "2017-09-01 nadsat v0.9.zip" file and placed the "nadsat" file inside of my dictionaries folder of my kindle. I then opened up Clockwork Orange and clicked on the word "rassoodocks" but it said "Dictionary Not Found".

Advert
Old 01-14-2018, 06:23 AM   #81
PoP

Did you change the language of Clockwork Orange to zu?

You can use this Java Mobi Metadata Editor to set it this way:

Click image for larger version

Name:	zu.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	161526
Old 01-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #82
Kindle_reader

I tried this but it did not work
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	340
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	161538  
Old 01-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #83
Kindle_reader

It works now but when I select any word, it says "No Definition Found"
Old 01-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #84
PoP

Then all seems setup properly

...But rassoodocks is mispelled in my dictionary :

Name:	screenshot_2018_01_14T10_17_47-0500.png
Views:	535
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	161547

Do you get a no definition found searching for it? Or the dictionary name is not even displayed?

Name:	screenshot_2018_01_14T10_33_25-0500.png
Views:	406
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	161548

In the former case, try searching vellocet a bit further down the page ...do you get this?

Name:	screenshot_2018_01_14T10_33_44-0500.png
Views:	372
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	161549

Last edited by PoP; 01-14-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #85
Kindle_reader

Yes! It worked!

It said no definition found for rassoodocks. It also says the same thing for mestros. I think the problem is when there is a plural case.

Would you be able to fix this?
Old 01-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #86
Kindle_reader

Also, could I run both the NADSAT dictionary and The New Oxford American Dictionary for Clockwork Orange
Old 01-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #87
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle_reader View Post
Yes! It worked!

It said no definition found for rassoodocks. It also says the same thing for mestros. I think the problem is when there is a plural case.

Would you be able to fix this?
Normal: mestros is not defined in the dictionary. I only sampled about 250 words from Anthony Burgess book as a proof of concept. It is far from complete. Let alone the singular/plural, gender, tenses inflections... As for me fixing it, too much work for diminishing fun in return. But hey, the source is up there if anyone cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle_reader View Post
Also, could I run both the NADSAT dictionary and The New Oxford American Dictionary for Clockwork Orange
Not automagically. Only one dictionary is invoked based on the language the book is set to. Of course, you can manually open the Oxford to search for a Nadsat term, but not by pointing in the book.