Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
PinkUsamimi
PinkUsamimi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Error: I can't edit metadata

Hello everyone. I'm having some problems editing metadata of my books. When I try saving the edits I made, I get this error message:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.8
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>error</b>:(3, 'CreateFile', 'Le chemin d\x81facces specifie est introuvable.')

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 472, in accept
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 445, in apply_changes
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\basic_widgets.py", line 274, in commit
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 2507, in set_authors
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 2494, in windows_check_if_files_in_use
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 290, in __init__
error: (3, 'CreateFile', 'Le chemin d\x81facces specifie est introuvable.')
Can anyone help me with this please?
PinkUsamimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rked-drive-nas
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
PinkUsamimi

Thank you for the reply. But I don't get it. The calibre library folder is in "my documents", which I think is the default folder and I don't think it's a networked folder (correct me if I'm wrong). The exact path is C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Bibliothèque calibre
Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkUsamimi View Post
Thank you for the reply. But I don't get it. The calibre library folder is in "my documents", which I think is the default folder and I don't think it's a networked folder (correct me if I'm wrong). The exact path is C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Bibliothèque calibre
You are running as User Admin???

What version of Windows?
What Anti-virus?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
PinkUsamimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are running as User Admin???

What version of Windows?
What Anti-virus?
Is that supposed to help?

Oh well, I fixed it on my own. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by PinkUsamimi; 12-02-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: fixed the problem on my own
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@PinkUsamimi: Quite often knowing more info about your environment CAN help track down issues. For instance, recently the community has learnt that use or RoboForm can cause calibre to crash due to the manner that Roboform inserts it's hooks into all active programs.

Additionally, knowing what you HAVE done to solve your problem can help others who have the same problem.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

So?
Mind telling us what you found out so others that may get this problem can benefit?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Is that supposed to help?
Gathering information about a problem is always step one and yes it was meant to help.

Quote:
How did you solve this error, I'm sure others will find your solution informative.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote