Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
one_mad_punk
one_mad_punk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Kindle Touch frozen during update

i downloaded the update on amazon and copied to the touch. I started the update and it is now sitting at the software update screen not moving, the bar is about 3/4 full and its not moved for around 45mins. what do i do ?

thanks in advance for the help
one_mad_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Try waiting even more, maybe even leave it alone overnight.

If there still hasn't been any change after a few more hours, reset the device (press the power button for ~ 30 seconds), and hope that it boots properly afterwards...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Is your Kindle hacked? It's never a good idea to install a system update on a hacked Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
one_mad_punk

force restarted it and it booted up without the update

thanks for the help

Going to try some of the cool stuff i've seen on this site now, i'll just wait on the update and go with instructions from this site rather than amazon, as folk here seem to know what they are talking about more than amazon help desk did

cheers again
Old 04-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_mad_punk View Post
force restarted it and it booted up without the update

thanks for the help

Going to try some of the cool stuff i've seen on this site now, i'll just wait on the update and go with instructions from this site rather than amazon, as folk here seem to know what they are talking about more than amazon help desk did

cheers again
Perhaps. First, you did not offer any information regarding your device being stock or hacked. As pidgeon92 mentioned above, it is never a good idea to install an update on a hacked device. If it is stock, Amazon's instructions are very clear:

Update 5.1 instructions
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
My KT went the same way when I tried to update from v5.03 to v5.04. The solution, at least for me, was to reduce the number of books in the storage drastically before updating.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
one_mad_punk

It wasn't hacked and the amazon way as shown had frozen, amazon help did no help and the only place that offered any suggestion was on this forum

Since then i have left at without the update and tried some of the mods seen on this site (which are easy to follow and pretty cool) so cheers to the folks here for the help