Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Issybird posted a link about a series that NY Times is doing to highlight remarkable women who did not have obituaries in their paper at the time of their death. Here is the one on Charlotte Bronte. The last paragraph is interesting. I was in England recently about 20 miles from Haworth. Unfortunately it wasn't a trip for pleasure so I didn't get a chance to stop by the town. Maybe next time. I always stay in Lancashire, although the county line with Yorkshire is nearby. I never realized just how close Haworth was until I thought to look it up on a map and was quite surprised!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/08/o...te-bronte.html
Quote:
While Brontë did not get an obituary in The New York Times, her husband, who died 51 years later, did. The article was just five lines long, and the headline said it all: “Charlotte Bronte's Husband Dead.”
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote