Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
"ascii' codec can't encode character" bug ?

i just tried to send a file to device and got this error message :

Code:
'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe7' in position 17: ordinal not in range(128)
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 812, in sync_to_main_memory
  File "main.py", line 883, in sync_to_device
  File "c:\Python26\lib\site-packages\py2exe\boot_common.py", line 67, in write
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe7' in position 17: ordinal not in range(128)
then i tried to view the file and got this error :

Code:
current_index
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 240, in 
  File "calibre\gui2\viewer\documentview.pyo", line 454, in next_page
  File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 542, in next_document
AttributeError: current_index
what does that mean ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Some unicode related issue with the file. Where's it from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
it's from a dictionary that i'm trying to convert from a mobi file... but i've just discovered another problem (the xhtml flow is too long) so i'm going to start over, i'll let you know if i still get the error on the new version.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote