Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
The responses I read in the two or three bugs was quite short and dismissive with no explanation of what was going on and the reasons why.
So you expect me to waste ten minutes every time someone makes a duplicate ticket for an issue? As it is, apart from working a full day on calibre development I deal with ~100 pieces of user communication by email, tickets, forum posts, facebook *every single day*. For the most part I'm happy to do it, since most users have actual problems and they dont suffer from an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. You are getting calibre for free, you are getting a level of support with calibre that is far superior to the support you would get for an equivalent commercial program, also for free.

If you do not want to contribute to the calibre community, at the very least do not add to my workload.

And to re-iterate, I am not interested in justifying my development choices to you or indeed anyone else that is not willing to spend time actually working on calibre. You are only entitled to explanations of why calibre works the way it does if you are willing to actually contribute to the calibre community. If you cannot accept that, do not use calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
All I did initially was post my solution to the problem.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I knew it was there and just couldn't dig it up.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install