Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Lost comments in "book details" window

I reinstalled calibre after a windows crash and everything is OK except the book comments don’t show in the “book details” window of the Library.

I restored the database and all metadata is OK but the comments still do not show.

When I click “edit metadata individually” for the books, the comments show in the “download metadata” window but they do not show on the Calibre Library window.

Even if I click “OK” in the “download metadata” window they do not show in the “book details” window of the Library. The covers and other metadata are OK.

I hope I don’t have to download the metadata just to get the comments. I have several thousand books. If there is no easy fix, I will forego the comments.
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
DOES the window show at all? It may be closed. The brown book icon in the lower right opens that window.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

The window shows but the comments section at the bottom is blank. The cover, title, author, format, size all show.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Go to Preferences - Change calibre behavior - Look & Feel - Book Details tab.

Do you have 'Comments' checked in the 'Select displayed metadata' list?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Go to Preferences - Change calibre behavior - Look & Feel - Book Details tab.

Do you have 'Comments' checked in the 'Select displayed metadata' list?
I had forgotten that setting existed. I remembered the Allways last part
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #6
tcreek
Enthusiast

Thank You jackie_w!!!
That solved the problem. How comments became unchecked is beyond me but it had to be me because no one else touched the machine.
Thanks again.