Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
If you hit the Home key from a game in progress, the game is saved with the current time settings, elapsed time and position. When you return to the application, just hit "resume" and it starts where you left off.
I was referring to the ability to save a game for later study, not just to save a game in progress. The game does the latter, but not the former.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #17
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I had a USCF rating of about 1800, and I've won against levels 1-5 so far. It's not bad, but given the really strong chess engines freely available, I'm surprised it's not better. Maybe there are hardware constraints.

You can reach a winning position against the program by playing like this. So far it plays into this line every time.

1. e4 d5 2. exd5 Qxd5 3. Nc3 Qe6+ 4. Be2 Qg6 5. Nf3 Qxg2 6. Rg1 Qh3 7. d4 Nc6 8. Nb5 Qd7 9. Bf4 Nf6 10. Nxc7+ Kd8 11. Nxa8 e6
uhmm. ok, In my case: 1.e4, my kindle play Cc6, (the only engine that play that in the fisrt move was rybka engine)

I think that The hardware does not think it's problem, K1-K2-DX has a 600 Mhz ARM CPU ... and k3 is an even more powerful engine on amount of RAM, super is overrun with 128-256 MB of RAM respectively ... much more than mobile devices.

Perhaps it is time to "squeeze" the nuts on the engines of ajederz programmers, Genius, Rybka, Shredder, Chesstiger and two or three completely free is in the scene.

Some engines are very refined software for mobile devices.

Now comes support for *. pgn games, save, or view a series of problems ... some would pay for buying groups for thematic issues.

is very typical in chess training.

Broadcasts could be received up ... and load opening books ...

ps: I find that if there is a market in this unit for chess programers. kindle much sold and if there are guarantees of copyright ...

(The format of electronic ink is a real break for the eyes)

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 02-12-2011 at 06:43 AM.
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Interesting, I wonder why yours plays differently? I'm still happy just to have chess on the Kindle, though there's definitely room for improvement.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Interesting, I wonder why yours plays differently? I'm still happy just to have chess on the Kindle, though there's definitely room for improvement.
tal vez por el nivel de juego. es un kindle dx graphite y L10.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRorschachZ View Post
tal vez por el nivel de juego. es un kindle dx graphite y L10.
Ahh, you're playing on a dx, yes that's likely the difference.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #21
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Ahh, you're playing on a dx, yes that's likely the difference.
...on level10, but your kindle k3 have more ram... and better cpu. maybe random moves on start...

Old 02-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #22
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Wow, this is amazing!

As an avid chess fan I'm really excited to see the game running on a Kindle. However, as a resident of the UK, I'm also very disappointed that we're left out yet again.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote