Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-29-2024, 08:44 PM   #1
rpitcairn
rpitcairn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Table of Contents

An odd problem. I converted a Word file to a Kindle book, doing a manual edit of the table of contents. Took out some lines that were inactive. I did this so that there would be clickable links to chapters, a function that Kindle provides. The table of contents still appears at the beginning of the book and looks fine.

All went well and the Kindle book is perfect except for one thing. At the very end of the Kindle book appears a second table of contents which includes the inactive lines I had taken out.

That is not seen in the Word doc. The end of the Word doc ends with the last paragraph of the book. So why does it appear there? Where would the table of contents be duplicated and put at the end? Is there a choice during the conversion process about this?
Thanks for any help.

Richard
rpitcairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 09:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Under the MOBI or AZW3 section of the conversion dialog, enable the do not add table of contents option.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 09:39 PM   #3
rpitcairn
rpitcairn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much. Now is perfect.
I very much appreciate what you have made for us. The majority of what I read on Kindle I have converted from pdf files or Word docs to Kindle using Calibre. When I finally learned how to create chapter headings using Word to set them to Heading 1, it made it so much easier.
rpitcairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 03:03 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are welcome!
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle conversion