Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
carney
carney began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Anyone notice these changes since Firmware 2.3

I noticed two changes today since upgrading to the new Kindle 2.3 Firmware.

1) I did a 411 in the Kindle settings. The last digit of my kindle serial number changed from what it originally was which was a "5" and now it is a "6". The rest of the serial number stayed the same.

2) When you download a kindle book from Amazon and save it to your computer the file extension now is kind of funky! "book name".azw.prc

Did anyone else notice these changes or anything else different?
carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've seen the funky file extensions before the upgrade - I wondered if Amazon was importing titles from Mobiread or other sources instead of doing their own Topaz conversion.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
2.3 firmware, file extension