Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Duplicate Problem - Extra books on file system but not in Calibre

OK - I have an interesting one. About 90% of my books are duplicated on the File System but aren't duplicated in my Calibre library. The duplicates look like they originated in calibre. I think it may have happened when I did a mass update of metadata on almost my entire library.

For instance I have these two files:

D:\CalibreNewLibrary\Neal Stephenson\Snow Crash (197)\Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson.epub
D:\CalibreNewLibrary\Neal Stephenson\Snow Crash (12741)\Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson.epub

But only the (197) one is in my library.

I saw the tip to do a "move library" which was supposed to just move the folders and books that were actually in the library. However, when I do this it still brings along the duplicates to the new folder structure.

Find Duplicates plug-in doesn't seem to do anything since technically there are no duplicates in the library.

Any ideas on getting rid of these extra files and folders?

Thanks!
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
OK - I have an interesting one. About 90% of my books are duplicated on the File System but aren't duplicated in my Calibre library. The duplicates look like they originated in calibre. I think it may have happened when I did a mass update of metadata on almost my entire library.

For instance I have these two files:

D:\CalibreNewLibrary\Neal Stephenson\Snow Crash (197)\Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson.epub
D:\CalibreNewLibrary\Neal Stephenson\Snow Crash (12741)\Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson.epub

But only the (197) one is in my library.

I saw the tip to do a "move library" which was supposed to just move the folders and books that were actually in the library. However, when I do this it still brings along the duplicates to the new folder structure.

Find Duplicates plug-in doesn't seem to do anything since technically there are no duplicates in the library.

Any ideas on getting rid of these extra files and folders?

Thanks!
This condition implies the Metadata.db and folder contents are out of sync.
Reasons can include:
Cloud trying to synch 2 different Libraries.

User (copying) combining Libraries using the OS (it don't work that way. Use Calibre to 'Copy to Library')
User restored the wrong (or OLDER) metadata.db
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you run the 2nd phase of Library Maintenance->Check Library ?

I think Find Duplicates only finds books that are in the library - i.e. those that have a row in the books table of metadata.db.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Hey guys - the library maintenance thing worked. It went through and looked at all subfolders and allowed me to delete the dupes. Thanks!
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote