Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 07-15-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Failing memory stick reader

I have a problem with my librie which seems to have become unable to consistently access the memory stick. It began yesterday right as I was reading, refusing to go to the next page. Closing said book, I realized I could no longer see any of the books on the memory stick. I had to reboot the librie to have everything back.

This morning, gone and done. I could take the memory stick out, reboot and so on, no matter how many times I did so, only the books in the internal memory appear.

I happen to have another librie around that I bought for a friend - yet unpatched - and everything works fine with it, so it doesn't come from the stick itself.

Basically, I guess it can be two things:
- Hardware failure. Fortunately my unit is still under warranty, but considering it's a discontinued product I'd expect the servicing to take at least a month or two.
- Glitch in the software - that I did patch to have things in English.

Anybody had this problem (and maybe a quick solution for it)?

Thanks
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote