Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
rony.
rony. began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite manga edition
Sync sideloaded books?

Is it possible to sync sideloaded books in kindle with the Kindle Android app and vise versa?
rony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:32 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rony. View Post
Is it possible to sync sideloaded books in kindle with the Kindle Android app and vise versa?
Only by giving them a 'fake' ASIN metadata. I think.

It's much easier to just send to your Amazon account via email or 'Send To Kindle', and then it'll sync automatically.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:58 AM   #3
rony.
rony. began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite manga edition
Okay I will try it and let you know
rony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Didn't realize fake ASIN was an option, I have books bought from wtsbooks.com that I converted to .mobi to use and sync, but the highlights don't end up on my Kindle Notes page, it's frustrating.
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
Didn't realize fake ASIN was an option, I have books bought from wtsbooks.com that I converted to .mobi to use and sync, but the highlights don't end up on my Kindle Notes page, it's frustrating.
I think best bet for that is email/send to Kindle. I don't believe annotations get synced for sideloaded books.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:33 PM   #6
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I think best bet for that is email/send to Kindle. I don't believe annotations get synced for sideloaded books.
Bummer.
If Kobo or anyone else had a system that synced your own book between ereader and phone/iPad I'd switch in a heartbeat, I guess the Mobi system is still best option.
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I tried the "Send to Kindle" feature for the first time last week -- even converted a PDF file while doing it. Worked well. But, if a user is side-loading anyhow, they can access their notes directly from the file on the Kindle, can't they? (And I think that works with both side-loaded and downloaded Kindle books.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
But, if a user is side-loading anyhow, they can access their notes directly from the file on the Kindle, can't they? (And I think that works with both side-loaded and downloaded Kindle books.)
Kindle e-ink, yes, there's the "My Clippings.txt" and you can even sync annotations by copying the sidecar folder. Don't think it will work for Kindle apps for Android and iOS (OP wanted to sync with Android).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Kindle e-ink, yes, there's the "My Clippings.txt" and you can even sync annotations by copying the sidecar folder. Don't think it will work for Kindle apps for Android and iOS (OP wanted to sync with Android).
Sorry. Missed the Android part.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:30 AM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
[deleted]

Last edited by tomsem; 10-03-2018 at 01:33 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote