Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #946
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I, too, would like to add my thanks for this brilliant plugin, jhowell. Your efforts and time contributed are greatly appreciated. It's absolutely indispensable for Calibre users!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #947
CrystalV
CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: none
I love this plugin, it's really helped me discover more books by authors I enjoy.

One thing, Scribd search has stopped working. The link it searches may show the author as a suggestion above the search results box (as is the case with https://www.scribd.com/search?conten...=anne%20carson) but the search results say "We couldn't find what you're looking for..." for every author, even authors I know are on there.

Thanks!
CrystalV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #948
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalV View Post
IOne thing, Scribd search has stopped working.
I will take a look at it when I get a chance. Scribd changes their website in ways that break this plugin fairly often.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:45 AM   #949
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.29.0 - 26 Jul 2018

Handle website changes at Scribd. (Fixes no search results.)
Old 07-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #950
CrystalV
CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.CrystalV substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Thank you! I'm seeing some Scribd results though some still seem to be missing.

An example:

Eleni Sikelianos has one book on Scribd but their book doesn't show up in discovered books. Unlike the previously linked author they don't show up as a suggested author though their book is the first result under the Books tab on the Scribd website here:

https://www.scribd.com/search?conten...i%20Sikelianos

Last edited by CrystalV; 07-27-2018 at 10:32 PM.
CrystalV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #951
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalV View Post
Thank you! I'm seeing some Scribd results though some still seem to be missing.
The plugin finds books on Scribd by doing a search by author name to find the page listing that author's books. (I found that just searching with an author name under "books" produced too many extraneous results.) Unfortunately Scribd doesn't index all of its authors so some are not found. Eleni Sikelianos is one of them.

Searching for her by author name gives no results: https://www.scribd.com/search?conten...i%20Sikelianos

I would have to rework the entire way searches are done on Scribd to fix this and doing that just isn't worth the effort for me.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-28-2018 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #952
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
I have borrowed books from OpenLibrary, added them to Calibre, and am trying to link them to Open Library using this plugin.

https://openlibrary.org/works/OL1596...SuperPaint_1.1
https://openlibrary.org/works/OL2960...oftware_design
https://openlibrary.org/works/OL1501...sh_version_3.0

I have:
- ticked/enabled OpenLib
- enter login details
- ID set to: lendinglibrary
- all ebook formats ticked
- I choose "search for selected books" with one book selected

i expected it to find the book at OpenLib, add the id, and enable me to use that link.

but I get this:
Quote:
calibre, version 3.29.0
: Overdrive Link found: No changes.
No changes will be made.
zero results due to multiple authors
Quote:
Overdrive Link found: No changes.

Search for books by 1 author
Overdrive Link 2.29.0, calibre 3.29.0
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Adobe PDF eBook, Axis 360 Reader, Blio eBook, BookReader, HTML eBook, Hoopla Book Reader, Hoopla Comic Reader, Kindle Book, MediaDo Reader, Mobipocket eBook, Online Reader, Open DjVu eBook, Open EPUB eBook, Open PDF eBook, OverDrive Read, Plain Text eBook, Protected DAISY eBook, Scribd Comic Reader, Scribd Reader
=================================================
Finding library books by Schnapp, Russell L.;Snider, Bill;Zocher, Eric;Jackson, Charlie;Thomas, Doug
Accessing library OpenLib
Signing in to OpenLib
Browse: https://openlibrary.org/account/login None
Browse: submit ""
Sign in successful
Search OpenLib for superpaint by russell l. snider bill zocher eric jackson charlie thomas doug schnapp
Get https://openlibrary.org/search.json?...s+doug+schnapp
Found 0 books in 0.9 sec
Matching 1 calibre book with 0 library books
Found 0 matching calibre books in 0.0 sec
1 result, but "Ignoring (no format)"
Quote:

Starting job: Search for books by 1 author
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Adobe PDF eBook, Axis 360 Reader, Blio eBook, BookReader, HTML eBook, Hoopla Book Reader, Hoopla Comic Reader, Kindle Book, MediaDo Reader, Mobipocket eBook, Online Reader, Open DjVu eBook, Open EPUB eBook, Open PDF eBook, OverDrive Read, Plain Text eBook, Protected DAISY eBook, Scribd Comic Reader, Scribd Reader
Finding library books by Bruce Tognazzini
Signing in to OpenLib
Sign in successful
Search OpenLib for software by bruce tognazzini
Get https://openlibrary.org/search.json?...uce+tognazzini
Found Tog on Software Design by Bruce Tognazzini [OL2960020W@ol, @ol/lendinglibrary, 9780201489170, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1996-08-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Found 1 book in 1.1 sec
Opening cache database /Users/matt/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Overdrive Link Cache.db
Opened in 0.0 sec. Cache is 16,384 bytes and contains 3 items.
Found OL2960020W@ol/lendinglibrary in cache
Ignoring (no format): Tog on Software Design by Bruce Tognazzini [OL2960020W@ol, @ol/lendinglibrary, 9780201489170, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1996-08-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Quote:

Starting job: Search for books by 1 author
Finding library books by Deke McClelland
Signing in to OpenLib
Sign in successful
Search OpenLib for mastering by deke mcclelland
Get https://openlibrary.org/search.json?...eke+mcclelland
Found Mastering Adobe Illustrator, Macintosh 3.0 Version by Deke McClelland [OL15011965W@ol, @ol/lendinglibrary, 1556234422, Business One Irwin, 1991-08-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Found Mastering Aldus FreeHand, Macintosh Version 3.0 by Deke McClelland [OL15011967W@ol, @ol/lendinglibrary, 1556234430, Business One Irwin, 1991-08-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Found 2 books in 1.1 sec
Opening cache database /Users/matt/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Overdrive Link Cache.db
Opened in 0.0 sec. Cache is 16,384 bytes and contains 5 items.
Found OL15011967W@ol/lendinglibrary in cache
Found OL15011965W@ol/lendinglibrary in cache
Ignoring (no format): Mastering Aldus FreeHand, Macintosh Version 3.0 by Deke McClelland [OL15011967W@ol, @ol/lendinglibrary, 1556234430, Business One Irwin, 1991-08-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Ignoring (no format): Mastering Adobe Illustrator, Macintosh 3.0 Version by Deke McClelland [OL15011965W@ol, @ol/lendinglibrary, 1556234422, Business One Irwin, 1991-08-15T00:00:00+00:00]
Help!

I expected it to work similar to the Good Reads plugin?

Also, the "customise plugin" window is taller than my laptop screen, so it's very difficult to click the OK button.

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 08-15-2018 at 06:57 PM.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #953
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
zero results due to multiple authors

Finding library books by Schnapp, Russell L.;Snider, Bill;Zocher, Eric;Jackson, Charlie;Thomas, Doug
It appears that you have multiple author names separated with semicolons in your calibre library. You need to separate author names with ampersands for calibre to recognize the individual names.

Quote:
1 result, but "Ignoring (no format)

Found Tog on Software Design by Bruce Tognazzini [OL2960020W@ol, @ol/lendinglibrary, 9780201489170, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1996-08-15T00:00:00+00:00]
"lendinglibrary" is a small collection of public domain books available to anyone. The ones you are searching for are not in that collection.

Change the library id in the configuration from "lendinglibrary" to "inlibrary".

Quote:
Also, the "customise plugin" window is taller than my laptop screen, so it's very difficult to click the OK button.
Sorry, I don't have a solution for that.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:56 AM   #954
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Oh! How silly of me, thanks for the "inlibrary" directions. It wasn't clear at all what I should set that to. Maybe add a note to say "most people will not need to change this value".

I temporarily change the resolution of my laptop to get to the OK button.

Finally, the semi-colons, this is how the authors come in on books from OpenLib. I'll look to see if there's an easy/automatic way to change them.

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 08-16-2018 at 07:59 AM.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #955
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
You could also look at the "Splitting multiple author names" tweak in the Calibre preferences/tweaks settings, which looks like it could be used to add semicolon to the author seperators.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #956
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Can someone refresh my memory of what determines if a book can be recommended to a library?

Thanks...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #957
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Can someone refresh my memory of what determines if a book can be recommended to a library?
Each library decides whether or not they will accept recommendations from patrons through OverDrive.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #958
dubdub
dubdub began at the beginning.

Can't Add New Library ID

I want to customize the plugin with a new library, When I click on the green "+" icon to add a new row/library, the new row shows up but I get the error:

Library 7 configuration error: Overdrive library hostname invalid: ""

...and can't enter any data into the new row.

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Please HELP!
dubdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #959
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdub View Post
I want to customize the plugin with a new library, When I click on the green "+" icon to add a new row/library, the new row shows up but I get the error:

Library 7 configuration error: Overdrive library hostname invalid: ""

...and can't enter any data into the new row.

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Please HELP!
The error about an invalid hostname will go away once you enter a valid URL into the Library ID column.

You should be able to double click each box in the new row to enable date entry.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #960
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Today I ran a "check availability" on a book, and it found no updates. 2 libraries showed 0 hold time but when I tried to borrow from the first, its license for the book had expired, showing 0 of 0 copies available, offering to place a hold in case the license should be renewed.

It's not a big deal, I'm just wondering if it's the intended behavior to show immediate availability in such cases?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive