Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I'll say that while lit is pretty easy to use in windows, I've mainly stuck with Mob and eReader, as while you do have to install Python, once you have it installed, it is stupid easy to use, especially if you do what I do, and have ready made .bat files which automaticly strip any mobi or ereader file which is stored in the same folder as the script.

So no commandline needed, and it takes about 30 second, including the time it takes to rename the files.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
echoleaf
Connoisseur
echoleaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litter

Device: Bebook, Cybook or eSlick?
That sounds way easy!
echoleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #18
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoleaf View Post
That sounds way easy!
It is

Just spend a little time going over these threads

This one for general information, especially if you run into trouble

Mobipocket Decoder Tool

and this one for how to batch it

Okay, seriously confused about MobiDeDrm
Old 02-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
echoleaf
Connoisseur
echoleaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litter

Device: Bebook, Cybook or eSlick?
Cool, much thanks!
echoleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #20
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
I'll say that while lit is pretty easy to use in windows, I've mainly stuck with Mob and eReader, as while you do have to install Python, once you have it installed, it is stupid easy to use, especially if you do what I do, and have ready made .bat files which automaticly strip any mobi or ereader file which is stored in the same folder as the script.

So no commandline needed, and it takes about 30 second, including the time it takes to rename the files.
Wish it was "stupid easy" for me...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #21
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Wish it was "stupid easy" for me...
Can I ask where you are having problems ?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #22
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Can I ask where you are having problems ?
At the beginning, . The words "python script" to be specific, *laugh*.
I'm getting really good at .lit files, though
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #23
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
At the beginning, . The words "python script" to be specific, *laugh*.
I'm getting really good at .lit files, though
I Know the dreaded S(Cript) Word or horror of horrors the C(Command Line) Word

Seriously, if you are already stripping Lit files, the process to do this is pretty simple.

When I first did it, I had zero knowledge of Scripts (and still only have 0.000001% right now, but is more then enough to get this done)

The people here have been more then willing to help out if you get stuck, but if you just go through the two threads mentioned earlier, you'll find solutions for most problems as most of Us newbies have already made them earlier, and someone's helped us through.

Still its up to you, as to what you're comfortable with.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #24
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
The words "python script" to be specific
See the Visual Kindle Guide. The KindlePID page describes how to install Python and KindleFIX explains how to use a python script similar to mobededrm and ereader2html (but with different arguments).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm