Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
meetup in paris, without neko !!

well, here we are in la sardine for the meetup, but nekokami is missing in action !

we are hoping she will arrive, and meanwhile we are all having a drink together. there is florence, grégoire, grimaud, polyglot and madame polyglot, eowyn carter, and chlorine, for the moment...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Oh, hopefully she is just a little bit late. Anyway, have fun!
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I wish you all a happy fun time! I lift my coffee mug to you!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Wish I was there with you lot. Enjoy
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
11 PM in Paris, right? I'm sure you had (or are still having) a lot of fun. Did Neko show up or do we have to worry she might have got lost somewhere in Paris?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, here we are in la sardine for the meetup, but nekokami is missing in action !

we are hoping she will arrive, and meanwhile we are all having a drink together. there is florence, grégoire, grimaud, polyglot and madame polyglot, eowyn carter, and chlorine, for the moment...
She posted in the French forum to say she was leaving for the airport about at the same time as Z posted this, so I'm guessing there might have been a scheduling mistake somewhere...

Maybe another apéro will have to be scheduled for tomorrow?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
To all who are there! Remember to get pictures!

I hope Neko is OK.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I hope that you are all having a wonderful time, and am feeling rather regretful that I didn't come along too. (But we've got another snow warning.) But it looks as though I wouldn't have met neko anyway, since she's somewhere over the Atlantic at the moment.
Give my regards to everyone!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
So maybe I can make it for the raincheck ? [back in Paris tonight]
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I hope that you are all having a wonderful time, and am feeling rather regretful that I didn't come along too. (But we've got another snow warning.) But it looks as though I wouldn't have met neko anyway, since she's somewhere over the Atlantic at the moment.
it was a lovely evening, a few more people arrived later including filip and his friend and even a non-mobilereader from a books forum, invited by chlorine, perhaps we'll make a new convert soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
So maybe I can make it for the raincheck ? [back in Paris tonight]
unless she is too tired, i will meet neko tonight at 5, if you would like to join us you would be very welcome ! please let me know. probably we'll go to la sardine, you know where that is... hope to see you ! it would be wonderful if we could have a "mini meetup" for neko, after all !

here are a few photos, in the meantime. i am sure everyon else's are better than mine, so let's hope they will also post them, soon !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apero02.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	46049   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero03.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	46050   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero05.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	46052   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero07.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	46056   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero09.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	46058   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero01b.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	46177   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero04b.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	46178   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero06b.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	46179   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero08b.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	46180   Click image for larger version

Name:	apero10b.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	46181  

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 02-22-2010 at 06:42 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hey! I was there?!?

The blue belly on the right side of the last picture, that looks like me!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Thanks so much for the pics. Looks like everyone had a great time. Keep us posted on the Mini-apéro with Neko tonight!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you for the pictures. It must have been fun to have that many people with all their devices getting together. *sigh* I know very few people (mom, a friend, and a few students) that even know what Readers are.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you for the pictures. It must have been fun to have that many people with all their devices getting together. *sigh* I know very few people (mom, a friend, and a few students) that even know what Readers are.
I'm with you on that - most people around me only know what a reader is cos I keep whipping mine out and shoving it under their noses

Great pictures - wish I could have been there.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
If this meetup had been announced in the lounge, I'd have planned our weekend away there, instead of where we went...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote