Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #1
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW1|PW3|PW4), Kindle Voyage
Sidebar Dim vs Bright

I'm trying to understand the interface better, & I noticed that in the sidebar under Publishers, Authors, Series, & Tags some of the icons next to the listings are colored while others are dimmed. For Series & Author some are partially colored so I thought maybe that was some sort of "How many of this Author/series books are in the library" but a couple series I have every book in are only maybe ¾ full, while an author I only have 1 of his many books is fully colored. For Publishers it just seems like random ones are colored but most are not, this makes some sense as Publishers have a lot of books & I shouldn't have anywhere near a majority of any. But the ones that ARE colored in are some that are big Publishers that I only have a couple books from. Some that I only have a single book from. So is it that I list the Publisher incorrectly so it doesn't match to the database or something? I don't know where else to look or what to search for. If it is about me having them in wrong how can I find the list of correct ones? I've had issues with things like "Seven Seas" vs "Seven Seas Entertainment" that it seems some books are listed under 1 & other books listed under the other, even ones I got from Amazon, so how do I choose the right one to use?

I've been looking & can't seem to find any information because whenever I use the words "dark", "dim", "bright", "color", "colored", or anything similar, all I see are results for changing themes.
LostOnTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #2
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
@lostOnTheLine
What do you see if you hover the mouse over the dimmed icon? Compare what you see when you hover the mouse over the coloured icon.
On the Authors for me I've noticed that the tooltip for coloured icons say the book is rated but not for dimmed icons.
Also the coloured icons that are partially coloured are not rated at 5 but some other number.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The coloring indicates the average rating for books with that tag/author/publisher/etc.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, colored, icons, interface, sidebar