Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-31-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
nohandlebars
nohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: None
Question BOOX T76ML Carta+

Hi all, I have been searching for a new ereader and I have stumbled upon the BOOX T76ML Carta+. There aren't any really good reviews online so I have few questions.

1) What is the screen responsiveness like? I have seen a few people complaining about the T68 Lynx screen, was wondering if that is still the case in this iteration?

2) How long do you get off a charge?

3) I have read that they too have this new (warm/cold) lighting system but neither of the videos I have seen online have been in dark enough lighting conditions to really see, perhaps someone could post some pictures?

4) What are your general experiences with the device? Would you buy it again?
nohandlebars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
1) Normal in those devices. No specially bad but not specially good.
2) Not much, almost nothing if you start dealing with Android stuff.
3) Sold mine, but the "warm" stuff is some kind of yellowness with intensity regulation, not "warmthness" regulation. Enough, but far from Kobo Aura One.
4) Bad. No. In fact, I've sold it and buy a Kindle Oasis.

As a summary, the firmware of the device is very buggy and has a lot of problems. Read my previous posts here.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
As a summary, the firmware of the device is very buggy and has a lot of problems. Read my previous posts here.
Hmm, I just ordered it. I must see in a week or two if it's worth keeping.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:46 PM   #4
akasha
akasha began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox T76ML Carta+
What do you think of it BTW? I am considering that as a good option.

Are you working with Android 4.0? Or where you able to get the 4.4 version?
akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
rayliam
rayliam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One Limited, Nook Simple Touch, Samsung Tablet
FWIW, mine broke within less than a month and I didn't feel like sending it back to Banggood for repair/replacement ($50 shipping). I took it apart and was able to get it restarted but the same issue came back within a few days. First and last Boox device I'll deal with. I had a Kobo GLO HD that I was happy with until it was lost. I'm back to Kobo now (Aura One) and it's been good so far.
rayliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
boox, t76ml