Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 02:00 AM   #1
Moneypen
Moneypen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Books in Kindle not showing up as in Calibre

Have been really good at keeping Calibre and Kindle synced but I have just noticed that there's a glitch somewhere. When they're connected most of the books are showing up (on both Calibre library and Device library) as not there. That's worded badly sorry. If I look at my left hand column which is either 'On Device' or 'In Library' most of the books don't have ticks against them but both libraries show all the books are in both places, just not accepting they are the same book when they are.

I currently have 1012 books on Calibre, 1024 on Kindle (not put the 12 on Calibre yet). Calibre shows 423 ticks, Device shows 426. How do I get a long column of ticks in both libraries?

If anyone understand my ramble and can help, I'd be really grateful.

Last edited by Moneypen; 06-20-2017 at 02:15 AM.
Moneypen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can delete the metadata.calibre file in the root of the kindle which will cause calibre to rescan it and rematch books based on title and author the next time you start it. This will work if the title and author actually match (they will not if, for instance, you use metadata plugboards).

Or you can manually tell calibre about matching books by right clicking each book in the device view (in calibre) and choosing Match book to library
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #3
Moneypen
Moneypen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can delete the metadata.calibre file in the root of the kindle which will cause calibre to rescan it and rematch books based on title and author the next time you start it. This will work if the title and author actually match (they will not if, for instance, you use metadata plugboards).

Or you can manually tell calibre about matching books by right clicking each book in the device view (in calibre) and choosing Match book to library
Thank you. I'm a pleb I'm afraid, don't understand metadata but I can probably work out how to do the manual suggestion . Love Calibre so thanks for creating it. Not a fan of it showing the cover layout but thanks to this place I've just worked out how to change it back. Why I didn't come here ages ago I don't know.
Moneypen is offline   Reply With Quote