Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-07-2021, 06:55 PM   #286
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I am looking forward to probably getting this one at Christmas time. It is around the same price I paid for my Kobo Libra, and I've always enjoyed having one model of "each". We shall see how much Christmas $$ I can afford.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:11 AM   #287
Mook4Nook
Mook4Nook began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I just bought this new Kindle PW I unfortunately had a bad experience with a Kobo GLO which died after less than 5 uses but because it was out of warranty…

I love the longevity of Nooks. I had one for over 10 years, wasn’t used regularly but it didn’t matter if it didn’t get charged for years it’d always start but I got rid of it after it lost thousands of books on my microSD card.

I was really wanting a Kobo as it’s the only ereader that works with local libraries here in Australia but I didn’t want to buy the basic Glos and I unfortunately don’t have the budget for the more expensive models so I came back to our only option here in Australia.

Just curious, seeing as the Signature is the same model as the 2021 PW does it mean the latter also has wireless charging?

Is the consensus not using cases? What about screen protector?
Mook4Nook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2021, 10:57 AM   #288
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook4Nook View Post

Just curious, seeing as the Signature is the same model as the 2021 PW does it mean the latter also has wireless charging?

Is the consensus not using cases? What about screen protector?
No only the signature has wireless charging. Cases are a personal choice. Some people must have them, others never. Screen protectors don't seem to be a popular choice with e readers. A flip cover that covers the screen is the best bet
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #289
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
No only the signature has wireless charging. Cases are a personal choice. Some people must have them, others never. Screen protectors don't seem to be a popular choice with e readers. A flip cover that covers the screen is the best bet
I cannot tell a lie. I am in love with the wireless charging. (Oh, also, this PPW seems to hold a charge for quite a while.)

I got the cork case and I rather like it, which surprised me. I've hated every other case, for every other device, I've ever had, including my Note 9 phone. I also have a screen protector, because I seem to have a screen-scratching-superpower and honestly, I don't notice it.

Offered FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:42 AM   #290
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I've ordered the one you can charge wirelessly, but it won't be here until almost Christmas. I guess that gives me time to find the wireless charger in all the bags of personal stuff I brought home from the office when we got the option to work-from-home this year.

ETA: after a bit of thought and dragging out my Oasis V2 to judge the screen quality and weight I decided to cancel this order. The adjustable screen color sounded nice, as did the wireless charging and faster software, but not sufficiently different from my Oasis 2. And I hate USB-C because the connectors are so fragile.

Last edited by NNolan; 12-05-2021 at 09:17 AM.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert