Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Transfer Reading Stats from HD => H20?

Is it possible to transfer readings stats of sideloaded epubs from the HD to the H20? Specifically, total books read and total hours. I never sync my devices with Kobo. All books are stored on a micro SD. Would this be accomplished by resending each book from Calibre or is there a simpler method (like a file located on the device)?

Thank you.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
After making sure that you have the same firmware version on both devices, all you really need to do is copy over the sqlite db file found in the .kobo folder - this is where all of your reading stats are stored. You want the same firmware versions to ensure the database schema is exactly the same.

I'd probably also copy over any books you have loaded on to the device (which may be none, if all are on your micro-SD card) as well as the .kobo-images folder - I did this before when upgrading to my Glo (and plan to whenever my H2O shows up), and the new device stars up looking exactly the same as the old, down to the tiles currently displayed on the main screen, and it didn't need to reprocess the books on the device.

HTH!
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Many thanks for the tips. I must have failed miserably in my searches within the forum.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #4
Wolfsbruder
Connoisseur
Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Elipsa
I have tried this and now I can not sync to get my kobo books. Davidfor mentioned that this might be a problem.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=647

I am hoping there is a way I can transfer my stats, annotats, books marks and reading life. I have ~ 300 hours of reading time in (took the last 6 months. and over 3000 sideloaded epubs (converted to kepub).
Wolfsbruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbruder View Post
I have tried this and now I can not sync to get my kobo books. Davidfor mentioned that this might be a problem.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=647

I am hoping there is a way I can transfer my stats, annotats, books marks and reading life. I have ~ 300 hours of reading time in (took the last 6 months. and over 3000 sideloaded epubs (converted to kepub).
Hm, that sucks. I was the guinea pig that first tried copying over the SQlite DB from my HD to my H2O, and it worked for me. At the next sync my H2O re-downloaded my Kobo books and dictionaries (logical, as I hadn't copied those over), but that was it. The sync itself worked fine.

Perhaps davidfor will have an idea.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
Yeah, I guess I only have sideloaded books. I copied over everything from my Glo on Monday, and although the sync took a while (it had been several months since I had last done a sync, I believe), it worked fine in the end. And my DB is actually originally from my Touch started 3+ years ago, with many many hours

I wonder if you could delete the "old" entry in the user table in the database (or log out?) and then log back in so that database has whatever new unique tokens would be required?
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thp1017 View Post
Yeah, I guess I only have sideloaded books. I copied over everything from my Glo on Monday, and although the sync took a while (it had been several months since I had last done a sync, I believe), it worked fine in the end. And my DB is actually originally from my Touch started 3+ years ago, with many many hours
A three year old Kobo database is impressive. I think six months is the longest between factory resets I've gone.
Quote:
I wonder if you could delete the "old" entry in the user table in the database (or log out?) and then log back in so that database has whatever new unique tokens would be required?
If you log out, the database is replaced by a new empty one. Did you keep the new database from the new device? If so:
- Extract the user rows from it
- Delete the rows user from the database you copied over
- Insert the rows extracted above into the copied database

I haven't done that, but it should work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
Wolfsbruder
Connoisseur
Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you log out, the database is replaced by a new empty one. Did you keep the new database from the new device? If so:
- Extract the user rows from it
- Delete the rows user from the database you copied over
- Insert the rows extracted above into the copied database

I haven't done that, but it should work.
I have done thus, and when I sync I get the helpful message of "Something went wrong. Please try again."

I try and try again and I get the same error message every time.
Wolfsbruder is offline   Reply With Quote