Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM   #6841
serpi
serpi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi!
Every fic on AO3 I finish I give a kudos and bookmark, using either of these can I set up a column for read and unread in my library, so I can keep everything organised?
serpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM   #6842
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted

2022-01-23
- New site: merengo.hu (Hungarian), thanks estherflails
- Remove site: fanfic.hu (moved to merengo.hu, storyIds don't appear to be the same)

You've actually gotten pretty close, and for many sites that would have been enough.

merengo.hu is a successor to fanfic.hu/merengo, which FFF supported until it moved. Not reading Hungarian, my notes show I didn't follow up any further than 'eFiction doesn't work immediately'.

merengo.hu is an eFiction site, but it also has a custom "consent" click through link: /tizennyolc.php?consent=true that needs to be called

Here's the version I used, if you'd like to see it.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #6843
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpi View Post
Hi!
Every fic on AO3 I finish I give a kudos and bookmark, using either of these can I set up a column for read and unread in my library, so I can keep everything organised?
FFF collects kudos counts, but not whether you've left kudos or not.

FFF also does collect bookmarked, IE, whether you have bookmarked a story or not. You have to have always_login:true in personal.ini for [archiveofourown.org] and you have to use custom_columns_settings in personal.ini to populate a Calibre column with it.

The big limitation with that is you would then have to manually run 'update always' or 'update metadata from site' on those stories in your library after bookmarking them in AO3.

FFF has built-in features to add new/updated stories to a 'To Read' list in the Reading List plugin and a special action to help you remove them when read.

I believe this wiki page PluginWithReadingList is still reasonable accurate.
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM   #6844
chrnno
Enthusiast
chrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with others

Device: Samsung Galaxy J2
hpfanficarchive.com is gone as of two weeks or so ago.

Web archive has most stories from there, including many that were long since deleted, AO3 is supposed to have backed things up too but something apparently went wrong.
chrnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #6845
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Was there an official announcement that it was going away? Or it's just gone?

The web server isn't configured, but there is DNS and a server there.

I generally don't remove broken sites that still have DNS because of how many times I've seen broken sites come back.

That said, my notes show that hpfanficarchive.com has been broken since ~Sep 2020.
Old Today, 09:08 AM   #6846
chrnno
Enthusiast
chrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with otherschrnno plays well with others

Device: Samsung Galaxy J2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Was there an official announcement that it was going away? Or it's just gone?

The web server isn't configured, but there is DNS and a server there.

I generally don't remove broken sites that still have DNS because of how many times I've seen broken sites come back.

That said, my notes show that hpfanficarchive.com has been broken since ~Sep 2020.
Yes, there was announcements.
Quote:
Please note that the custodian of HPFanFicArchive.com will be working with the OTW Open Doors committee to transfer the archive's fanworks to the Archive of Our Own (AO3).

The Harry Potter FanFic Archive will be closed to new and updated works from 12 December 2021, and the site will be permanently closed down on 31 December 2021.

For more information, please see the announcement post on AO3: NSFW link
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the NSFW link
Welcome to the Harry Potter FanFic Archive! The creator and owner of hpfanficarchive.com, Chad (CazBandit), died suddenly in March of 2020, but hpfanficarchive.com will continue through the Archive of Our Own (AO3).

The Harry Potter FanFic Archive is closed to new works.

The import of this archive to the AO3 was approved by the OTW Open Doors Committee in June 2021, and began in [MONTH DATE].

(Closed, Unmoderated)
I suppose since something went wrong with AO3's transfer it is possible it does come back up for a while.

As for being broken since Sep 2020 I think it was down for a while looking back through web archive and whoever brought it up here didn't mention it after? Was definitely still working as of early this month though.
chrnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #6847
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Okay, removed in the next test version. Thanks for the info.
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #6848
estherflails
estherflails began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks so much for the solution! 😊
It works, but I'm having some trouble with the metadata.

The main issue is that the fandom and the pairing are both in the same category on the site. Like so: Fanfiction > Könyv > Harry Potter > Nagyterem > Draco/Harry
From this list I only really need the fandom and pairing, and I tried to separate them into different columns, but it didn't quite work as I wanted. The best I could do is have "Draco/Harry" in the pairing column and "Harry Potter, Draco/Harry" in fandoms.

Here are the relevant parts from my personal.ini:
Spoiler:
Code:
[defaults]
replace_metadata:
 category=>\>=>,

[merengo.hu]
add_to_include_in_ships: category

add_to_replace_metadata:
 ships=>(.*)Draco/Harry=>Draco/Harry
 category=>(.*)Harry Potter=>Harry Potter
 category=>Nagyterem=>

Trying to exclude the "Draco/Harry" tag from category just makes both columns "Harry Potter". Is there a solution or elegant workaround for this? The only way I can think of is to mess with the adapter file, which isn't a problem for me tbh if there is no solution, but I figured I'd ask. (I'd rather not set up a different column for category and pull metadata from that if I can avoid it, I feel like it would get messy)

Also, is there a way to add something to an empty column through replace_metadata or some other method, or is extratags the only one that can do that? I tried language=>(.*)=>Hungarian and some variations, but either I didn't find the right one or, well, it's not possible. 😅 In which case, I can do it manually, but I wanted to ask to be sure. Would probably be useful in the future, I mess around in personal.ini quite a lot lol.

Last thing, I swear 😅
In the base_eficition_adapter, would you mind changing this line:
Code:
        elif key == 'Completed':
            if 'Yes' in value or 'Completed' in value or 'Ja' in value:
to this?
Code:
        elif key == 'Completed':
            if 'Yes' in value or 'Completed' in value or 'Ja' in value or 'Igen' in value:
I tried status=>Igen=>Yes in replace_metadata, but unfortunately that didn't work.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you! 😊
estherflails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:11 PM   #6849
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

estherflails,

Please always include the story URL that exhibits whatever you're asking about. Since you didn't give one, I'm using https://merengo.hu/viewstory.php?sid=147405 (I hope it's SFW, I can't tell--Hungarian.)

The category as given by merengo.hu has a lot of redundancy.

Here's what I've come up with that I think does basically what you're asking:
Spoiler:
Code:
[merengo.hu]
## Base eFiction adapter is really pretty smart--it noticed and
## collected these metadata entries for itself.  But you need to
## declare them here to use them.  Add to titlepage_entries or columns
## as you like.  Or include them in existing metadata entries.
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,jellemzők,figyelmeztetések

## Copy category to ships, but without running category's
## replace_metadata on it.
add_to_include_in_ships:,category.NOREPL

## Only keep category,ships values containing Fanfiction.  May want to
## add Original, Crossover, etc,.  I was mostly discarding 'Kihívások'
## (challenges?)
add_to_include_metadata_pre:
 category,ships=~Fanfiction

add_to_replace_metadata:
## If you want more than Fanfiction, or 'Books' and Film, this
## will need more work.
 category=>^Fanfiction > (Könyv|Film) > ([^>]+?)( >|$).*$=>\2
## This removes everything except the final A/B part.
 ships=>^.*> ([^/]+/.*)$=>\1

## Discard anything in ships that made it through that doesn't have a
## '/' in it.  Could be an issue if site uses '&' for non-romantic
## 'ships'.
add_to_exclude_metadata_post:
 ships=~\>

It likely isn't perfect, but hopefully it will point you in the right directions.
Old Today, 10:24 PM   #6850
riothamus
Enthusiast
riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.riothamus knows what's going on.

Device: None
I searched the thread a bit and also looked at the github site. I've succesfully been using the FanFictionDownloader browser cache with FFF to update stories or download new stories. However, is there a solution for the "Get Story URLs from Webpage" option without turning off the broswer cache? What are FFF users utilizing to get all of an author's stories in one go or are they copy/pasting each story link for FFDL?
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote