Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
upnseams
Enthusiast
upnseams began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
music on sd card

I have my music on my sd card but I cannot figure a way to play it from the sd card in my nook color.

And how do I find the night screen. I have looked but to no avail.
Thanks for any light u can shine on the matter.
Tam
upnseams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnseams View Post
I have my music on my sd card but I cannot figure a way to play it from the sd card in my nook color.

And how do I find the night screen. I have looked but to no avail.
Thanks for any light u can shine on the matter.
Tam
Not sure about the music, but "night" light, look on the screen that pops up when change font size, font size should be menu that pops up when you are in a book and tap in the middle.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I don't have my NC with me now, so I'm going off memory.....
But I created a shortcut on my desktop to my music folder on the SD card using the desktop visualizer app. I used Astro to link the shortcut to my music folder.

When i click on the music desktop folder it takes me to my music folder.

After doing that, I believe when I click the music folder on the Extra tab, it takes me directly to the same music folder on my SD card...

Hopefully this is clear....I don't have my NC with me now, so it's difficult to describe....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
So the stock Music player isn't listing the songs? I tried adding mp3 songs to a variety of folders on the SD card and the music player picked them all up. What format are your songs? Are they mp3?

If you just added the songs to the card, they should be listed in the 'Recently added' playlist. In the Music player, the icon in the upper right corner should show either 'Now playing' or 'Browse'. If it says 'Browse', tap on it. Then down along the bottom, above the rewind, play, ff arrows should be some icons where you can select playlists -- looks like parallel lines. If you select it you should see the 'Recently added' playlist (and any other playlists you have). Tap on the Recently added to see if your songs are there.

(Also, if you have a rooted nook, you should be able to browse the SD card on an app like Astro and then click on the mp3 file to play it.)
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
yeah.....I think when I go the music app, it automatically picks up all music.....

my experiment above (creating a music desktop folder) was done while checking something else with the desktop visualizer. i don't think it's needed.

I seem to recall when I had the same music files on my SD Card, and on my NC local drive (\media\music), when I hit the music app, it listed all the songs twice (the same song twice because I had each song in 2 directories and they both showed up on the browse tab)
I ended up deleting the music from the local NC drive.

I should probably just butt out....most likely confusing the issue
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I should probably just butt out....most likely confusing the issue
Maybe not. Maybe the poster wants to know how to get direct access to a folder of just the music on the SD card and you are providing that answer. Then I'd be the one confusing things for that poster . But mostly we are just providing help on how to solve a variety of issues. Some folks who come along this thread in the future may need your advice, some may need mine, some may need both! It's all good.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
waffleman
Enthusiast
waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: NookColor
You can put music icon on un-rooted NC desktop?
waffleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
zartemis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleman View Post
You can put music icon on un-rooted NC desktop?
No, making a desktop shortcut to music would be a rooted function.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
upnseams
Enthusiast

Ok I was not good at explaining what I was asking. My music is mp3 and it looks like now it is all showing up n the folder. I added music to my nook (un-rooted) and it's showing that so it's a little confusing for me as to what I am seeing. I am going to delete the music from the nook itself and c it if shows up just from my sd card. Thanks for trying to help me out.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
upnseams
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
Not sure about the music, but "night" light, look on the screen that pops up when change font size, font size should be menu that pops up when you are in a book and tap in the middle.
thank u so much for helping me find the night time reading. I read a lot at night and this will be good. Thank u
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
zartemis
Addict

Quote:
Ok I was not good at explaining what I was asking. My music is mp3 and it looks like now it is all showing up n the folder.
It may have just been a refresh issue -- I don't know what triggers the music application to rescan for mp3s. Maybe exiting the app and relaunching? If you have a lot of music or a lot of files on your SD card, that could make the scan take longer and for some of your music not to appear immediately after you add it, but to show up later.